What makes a kosher pickle kosher?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey bitser,

Just so you know... one of my juniors visiting a friend.

Attachments

• cartoondragondoor-1.JPG
    cartoondragondoor-1.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 32
The pickling salt is basically kosher salt (pure salt, no additives) very finely ground, so that it dissolves almost instantly. I keep a container of this over my stove , labeled "bread and pickling salt", and use it anywhere that I want the salt to dissolve immediately. Good for bread making, too. I just grind up kosher salt to a flour like salt, in the blender.

Aha! I see (said the blind man) and will try to remember.

There's a battle ahead, many battles are lost.

Surprised no one answered for each battle lost, one is won.

:LOL:

Aha! I see (said the blind man) and will try to remember.

Surprised no one answered for each battle lost, one is won.

:LOL:
There's a battle ahead
Many battles are lost
But you'll never see the end of the road
While you're travelling with me

Charlie, that's what we are trying to say.

Kosher dill pickles have nothing to do with the religious aspect of the word 'Kosher'. It is in reference to the type of salt grain known as Kosher, which is not in reference to the religious aspect of the name either.
Clear as mud.

When I was grocery shopping at Wegmans, I had kosher salt on my list so I walked up and down the herbs and spices aisle several times and could not find any kosher salt. Then, knowing that human beings are inherently stupid, I went to the kosher foods aisle, and guess what I found?

When I was grocery shopping at Wegmans, I had kosher salt on my list so I walked up and down the herbs and spices aisle several times and could not find any kosher salt. Then, knowing that human beings are inherently stupid, I went to the kosher foods aisle, and guess what I found?

Aha! and so now you are a little less stupid! :LOL::LOL:

I went shopping today, and it looks like it was 2 years ago again in the stores around here. Lots of empty shelves, and they are putting limits again. I couldn't find kosher salt anywhere.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom