What kind of stove do you have in your kitchen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:heart:
will publish mine later.
but ive gas stove which i don't like much.
it's hard to get a good stove in israel as they are not very high quality even tho many imported from europe.
I do not know how long you have lived in Israel, but there are excellent stoves here. The majority have a five burner gas hob, two large, two medium, and a small central one, and two electric oven/grills. One small and one full size.

My stove, purchased nearly 40 years ago, was still working perfectly when I gave it away after I could no longer use it. It was an Israeli made one - not imported.

Thanks, dragnlaw. Wish we'd met earlier: didn't know this had happened to others. Samsung's contract 'repair' service simply replaced the burners, and when that didn't work, decided to do it again. Refused to let me speak w/service manager. It probably WAS the circuit board in mine. yours ended up on the scrap heap probably because they didn't have a new board to install. Add to that problem that Samsung makes service as difficult as possible (among other things, you never can speak to the same person twice and they don't return phone calls or provide explanations--just say 'tough luck.') When I tried to order a circuit board, the agent at their out-sourced parts house suggested I call back "in a couple of months."

Jennair, Whirlpool, Amana, KitchenAid, maytag... all the same company.
do you think they care?
first question I was asked, was anyone injured, answer no - and the run around starts.

It actually happened twice. first time it was covered - Part only, not the service man, who was the same price as the board.
Second time was not covered - went to the heap.

In my case I actually think I know why it happened. I didn't have airconditioning, hot humid summer.

One well-used circa late '70s JennAir stovetop/oven, still going strong, to this day.

Attachments

• PXL_20230103_233622881.jpg
    PXL_20230103_233622881.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 4
It actually happened twice. first time it was covered - Part only, not the service man, who was the same price as the board.
Second time was not covered - went to the heap.

In my case I actually think I know why it happened. I didn't have airconditioning, hot humid summer.
No excuse for that--it's a STOVE, for heaven's sake! It's supposed to DEAL with heat. You'd think Samsung have considered that at some point--considering it's the priciest part. (The board for my Samsung dryer, which blew 3 mos. after warranty, cost $300. No wonder none are available--too expensive to keep in stock.

You're absolutely right obillo. Board was priced at somewhere in the $350. range, 2 month wait for the part. Once received by the repair company another 2 weeks for installation at a cost of $390.
Low-end electric stoves are cheaper.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom