What kind of stove do you have in your kitchen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SEEING-TO-BELIEVE

Head Chef
:heart:
will publish mine later.
but ive gas stove which i don't like much.
it's hard to get a good stove in israel as they are not very high quality even tho many imported from europe.

My little apartment is equipped with an ancient harvest gold Kenmore gas range that matches the equally ancient harvest gold Whirlpool refrigerator freezer.

The old stove still gets hot and the old refrigerator still gets cold, that's really all I've ever required or expected from either of them.

One of the advantages of living in an apartment is that you never have the urge to upgrade.

Last edited:
I've had gas ranges for the last 30 years, many makes. As much as I loved them they each had their own specific problems.

I think the best stove I had was an old ancient gas range that was up at the cottage. Have to light the oven with a match but the burners did have a pilot light that would get them going. No electricity what-so-ever.
And no problems .... ever!

that is mine. it is lasting but it has some issues

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2022-12-21 16-04-48.png
    Screenshot from 2022-12-21 16-04-48.png
    947.7 KB · Views: 7
We have a five burner electric glass top and a double electric oven (bigger on top, smaller on bottom) that was here when we bought the place. The only thing I don't like is that the glass top is black. Very difficult to keep clean, and the one burner that can be selected to be large or small over the years has lost its size indication. Eventually I learned which was which. I'm a slow learner!
If you go to a glass top, get white!

Gas. Newer style. Hard to keep clean. Crappy broiler. But otherwise I like it.
IF I could do it over. I would have went with a flat top electric.

I have a gas stove and oven with a warmer drawer. We bought it when we renovated our kitchen in 2007, around the time we hosted about 20 people for Thanksgiving. I had that in mind when I chose the warmer drawer, but we just use it for storage. I like the way it works, and although it's not as easy to clean as a glass top (which I use at my FIL's), I really don't like using an electric stove.

My apartment came with a lowest cost Kenmore PoS electric stove that would get so hot on the top that it would melt my non-stick utensils and burn me if I touched it, so I told the maintenace people to get rid of it and bought myself a $749 Whirlpool 5.3-Cu Ft Freestanding Smooth Surface Electric Range at an auction house for $55 and I have never been happier.

Stove.jpg

Don't really have a stove per se as much as a built in electric oven and a gas cooktop. Both are Whirlpool and I've had them since 1998. Both have performed fantastically well and I wouldn't trade them for anything. I prefer a gas cooktop and an electric oven so this combination suits me well.

Don't really have a stove per se as much as a built in electric oven and a gas cooktop. Both are Whirlpool and I've had them since 1998. Both have performed fantastically well and I wouldn't trade them for anything. I prefer a gas cooktop and an electric oven so this combination suits me well.
One place I lived in Denmark, out in the country, there was a stove with an electric oven and gas burners. The burners needed a propane tank.

In the past, I had a gas stove and an electric oven. That is my favorite set-up. I currently have a ceramic (electric) cooktop, and have gotten used to it. But, an induction cooktop will eventually replace it.

Kitchen2021.jpg

CD

I've had the same range for almost the last 39 years - a Wolf gas range, with a full size convection gas oven, and a half size regular gas oven, 6 burners, and a griddle (rarely used in recent rears), with some browning units under the griddle. The large oven is rarely used (not as many people I'm cooking for now), except for the cookies at Christmas! Here it is, showing the large oven opened, getting ready to move those things I store in it into my dining room, while baking the cookies, then back to using it for storage again!
Wolf range, purchased in October of '83, started using in February '84. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I've never had a problem with this, until recently, when I had to adjust the temperature in the half oven - minor problem, and easily corrected. Those burners have gotten their fair share of use, but even as much as I cook, it is nothing like what it would see in a restaurant - what it was built for. It will outlive me, and the next owner of the house, I'm sure.

We have a basic coil electric, whirlpool or Fridgidaire I think. I like it, it works. Hated the glass top one we used to have.

Eventually when I get my own separate kitchenette in the pantry, I will use my mid 60's GE P7. Can't wait.

I keep hoping with all teh cities getting rid of natural gas, that one of the appliance companies will make a higher end coil electric, though I suppose they are all going to induction these days.

Don't laugh...
I got a cadac 2 plate burner. It's more like camping equipment.
It works much better than most gas stoves available here :)
IMG_20221222_082828.jpg

IMG_20221222_082805.jpg

(note: kettle & frying pan are cold. Red bottle is empty and not connected)

I do have a 4 cooker stove as well, but I only use the oven part. I would love an electric oven, but that's wishful thinking living on solar

My dad had a smeg stove, gas with electric oven. I did like that one as well.

@Vinylhanger It seems to me that the only coil range tops they are making are the "low end" ones, like for rental properties. When helping a friend replace their range, this was actually something I suggested she look for, as they were much cheaper, but since they were bare bones, there was less to go wrong! The more there is that can go wrong, the more that will. She also didn't like the glass tops.

I agree. Simple and it just works. Timer and self cleaning is about the only bells it has, definetly no whistles.

Ours does have a digital display for oven temp, so I suppose it has a small whistle.

I have a low end gas stove and oven. I had always had a low end gas stove and oven but this one has this back area with the electrical panel and clock that juts out into where the back pots should fit. So when I'm canning I can't get as many big kettles going as I want. Next time I'll pay attention to that so I can boil water in big kettles on 4 burners.

:heart:
will publish mine later.
but ive gas stove which i don't like much.
it's hard to get a good stove in israel as they are not very high quality even tho many imported from europe.
We have 2 units. One is a Samsung glass-top electric stove used only rarely. It had begun turning itself on by itself! 2 service calls by Samsung contract repair service could not fix it, and the service was un-cooperative and unhelpful. These days we use only the oven function, and turn the thing on/off at the circuit breaker, and we don't trust the stove top element not to turn themselves on spontaneously, a potential fire hazard. Samsung products generally are problematical because their repairs are out-sourced to other companies, as are replacement parts. The products themselves are fragile, warranties are short, and parts are often unavailable, even for units still under warranty. (We've had similar bad experiences with Samsung cameras and a Samsung dryer--we learned our lesson too late!)
Our main unit is a 5-burner Bosch gas stove top, which performs well enough but cost plenty.

My stove did the same thing - not the burners but the ovencame on by itself. It ended up at the end of the driveway, unrepairable compared to a new one. It was the circuit board that was shorting out. Happened twice and according to research on the internet was biggest consummer complaint.

My stove did the same thing - not the burners but the ovencame on by itself. It ended up at the end of the driveway, unrepairable compared to a new one. It was the circuit board that was shorting out. Happened twice and according to research on the internet was biggest consummer complaint.
Wow! That's dangerous. There should have been a recall.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom