What is your opinion about Gibson's dinnerware?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are microwavable because they are stoneware.
Look for other stoneware products not from the America's! Stoneware is heavy, hence the shipping costs. If you find something closer to home, and I'm sure you will, the shipping costs will be vastly reduced.

I agree they are beautiful. But seeing as I already :( have 6 various dinner sets, most in storage, think I should pass.

A lot of tableware nowadays is microwave safe. I think there can be a problem with toxicity in some glazes on stoneware, ceramic, and porcelain. I am not saying to be concerned about the glazes, but it's why you want to buy something that says it is microwave safe.

Glaze and microwave safe have nothing to do with each other.

Unsafe glazes are due to lead content that can be leached out over time with acidic foods. Has nothing to do with being microwave safe.

Dishes that are deemed microwave safe can mean several things. Either the product does not get so hot as to burn you as you remove it. Does not melt. Will not cause the product to emit harmful fumes, toxins. and I'm sure there are other concerns I can't think of at the moment.

Glaze and microwave safe have nothing to do with each other.

Unsafe glazes are due to lead content that can be leached out over time with acidic foods. Has nothing to do with being microwave safe.

Dishes that are deemed microwave safe can mean several things. Either the product does not get so hot as to burn you as you remove it. Does not melt. Will not cause the product to emit harmful fumes, toxins. and I'm sure there are other concerns I can't think of at the moment.

Maybe it's not the glaze, but some old tableware can give off toxins. A friend's father started to get sick after he kept microwaving his tea in an old cup. His doctor told him it was because it was an old cup and giving off toxins in the microwave. That he should only heat food or beverages in microwave safe containers. This was back in the 1990s. As I understand it, the majority of new tableware doesn't have that kind of problem. Or maybe it wasn't the cup and there is better info now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom