What is your favorite brand of ice cream sandwich, and why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Surprisingly, Walmart's Great Value ice cream sandwiches are pretty good, I also like Boy, and Blue Bunny. Annie's ice cream sandwiches, to me are disappointing. I've found that I don't really care for a lot of the Anni's brand products. Though the product totes good, I avoid Nestle products as I don't like the way they do business. But that's m opinion.
Klondike Ice Cream Sandwiches are very good.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

The only ice cream I buy are… Haagen-Dazs, Ben & Jerry's, and Talenti, none of which make a sandwich. But the Haagen-Dazs ice cream bars are great (especially the vanilla ones with the milk chocolate/toasted almonds coating).

I have never enjoyed ice cream sandwiches. I find the baked slices that hold it together completely unappealing. I can imagine one that might be good, with a better "cookie" part.

I have never enjoyed ice cream sandwiches. I find the baked slices that hold it together completely unappealing. I can imagine one that might be good, with a better "cookie" part.
I agree, any ice cream sandwiches I've tried might have good ice cream but they're let down by the cookie. So.... try this recipe - it's easy and tastes so good, especially with homemade ice cream -

https://www.seriouseats.com/homemade-vanilla-ice-cream-sandwiches-recipe

I miss Tillamook ice cream, it's only available across the border in Washington state, so I won't be able to get any until the border opens again. They always have interesting flavours, like huckleberry pie, which has both berries and pastry mixed in.

Last edited:
I agree, any ice cream sandwiches I've tried might have good ice cream but they're let down by the cookie. So.... try this recipe - it's easy and tastes so good, especially with homemade ice cream -

https://www.seriouseats.com/homemade-vanilla-ice-cream-sandwiches-recipe

I miss Tillamook ice cream, it's only available across the border in Washington state, so I won't be able to get any until the border opens again. They always have interesting flavours, like huckleberry pie, which has both berries and pastry mixed in.

That recipe looks good, but far more effort than I am willing to put in for an ice cream sandwich. Now, if I were young and had young children, I might think it was worth the effort.

That recipe looks good, but far more effort than I am willing to put in for an ice cream sandwich. Now, if I were young and had young children, I might think it was worth the effort.

I hear ya! My husband loved ice cream, and I'd make this for him, but he passed away a few months ago. No little kids around, our daughter doesn't eat sugar these days, so I don't bother putting in the effort.
I guess that's true for a lot of the cooking I don't do much these days -- I've lost weight since my husband passed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom