What is your favorite brand of chocolate chips/chunks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
What is your favorite brand of chocolate chips/chunks for baking, especially cookies? For me, it
s as follows:
1. Guitard
2. Ghirardelli
3. Dove
4. Ritter Sport Dark, with Hazelnuts
5. Castronovo Chocolate (best but really expensive)

Your turn.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Aldi carries Belgian bars in milk and dark chocolate, I like to chop those to add to cookies, it's pretty darned good chocolate for the price. They have a dark chocolate chip too that seems a bit richer than semisweet so I buy those sometimes.

I'm pretty low maintenance, which is great for my budget! I do splurge on my cocoa powder a bit.

I use more Guitard than any other chocolate - I especially like their higher % cocoa solids chocolates, and they have a great selection. I use the Ghirardelli 60% chips, as they are easy to find locally, and often on sale, to stock up on!

I do not know the brand name, but there are these Coffee mini chocolate chips my wife buys, mmm... so yummy.

For me, chocolate chips are in a different category from eating chocolate. I really enjoy dark chocolate. Higher cacao content is appreciated for what it does to the taste and feel of very good chocolate.

I buy chocolate chips to cook with. I always buy semi-sweet chips to make chocolate chip cookies because they make the cookies taste like they are supposed to taste. more expensive chocolate is wasted in CC cookies (IMO).

The same is true for other foods like Kobe/wagyu beef. I would never pay for a wagyu beef hot dog. As soon as you grind it up and mix it with hot dog ingredients, then top it with mustard, relish, sauerkraut, it loses its identity as super expensive beef.

Last edited:
Another vote for the dark chocolate chips from Aldi.

I don't make cookies anymore but I keep a jar of dark chocolate chips that I dip into when I need a little chocolate fix.

Back
Top Bottom