What is your favorite alcoholic beverage to relax and unwind?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Right now it's Jim Beam Black because the bird store was out of the 1.75 ml bottles of Maker's Mark. The Black is very smooth from aging in two different barrels.

May I be terribly English and say a cup of non-alcoholic tea with a tiny amount of milk and no sugar?

I don't drink much alcohol - "Dry January" was a bit of a non-starter as far as I was concerned :rolleyes:

My favourite drink is Champagne. In the UK, I used to import a Champagne called 'Jacques Selosse Grand Cru Blanc de Blanc'. It is now one of the best champagnes in the world - look him up on the internet. I learned, through the son and heir of Jacques, Anselme Selosse, the ins and outs of making really spectaluar champagne. It is my favourite drink. I follow the practice of Madame Lilly Bollinger, who, when interviewed, famously said:

'I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company, I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it when I'm not hungry and drink it when I am. - Otherwise, I never drink it - unless I'm thirsty.'

That's me, folks! I buy a case every month from Anselme.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

My favourite drink is Champagne. In the UK, I used to import a Champagne called 'Jacques Selosse Grand Cru Blanc de Blanc'. It is now one of the best champagnes in the world - look him up on the internet. I learned, through the son and heir of Jacques, Anselme Selosse, the ins and outs of making really spectaluar champagne. It is my favourite drink. I follow the practice of Madame Lilly Bollinger, who, when interviewed, famously said:

'I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company, I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it when I'm not hungry and drink it when I am. - Otherwise, I never drink it - unless I'm thirsty.'

That's me, folks! I buy a case every month from Anselme.

di reston

I wish you lived next door. Cheers!

Well, of course, a good Champagne tastes much better when you drink with friends - if you were here, we would drink it together! When the next consignment arrives, I'll raise a glass to you!

di reston

My absolute favorite alcoholic beverage is whatever someone else is buying for me.

CD

If we are talking real alcohol, it is pretty much anything mixed with Coke. Rum, Jack, Asbach, beer or even wine.

Well, beer of course. It tastes a lot better poured into a proper beer glass. I can't stand drinking it out of a metal can or bottle.
white20trash20survival20kit-772407.jpg

"It's OK; we saved the beer!"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom