What is this with "dipping?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yep, thanks Ginny, it does mean "truth to tell" -

and yeah, I remember you posting that. Don't think I've ever worried about whether or not it stays crispy - usually gone too fast. At least, :angel: hopefully! :chef:cooked right it will?... :ermm: :whistling

yep, thanks Ginny, it does mean "truth to tell" -

and yeah, I remember you posting that. Don't think I've ever worried about whether or not it stays crispy - usually gone too fast. At least, :angel: hopefully! :chef:cooked right it will?... :ermm: :whistling
In my house, there can be a lot of delays. Yakety-yak...or, ooops, doggies gotta go, NOW...or DH has to (colitis)...if the CFS is on top of the gravy, I don't fret.

When I want crispy, I want crispy. Sauce on something that comes by delivery means it won't be crispy when I get it. Heck, I don't even want my CFS sitting on a puddle of gravy. Just put it on the side. I'll take as much as I want. I don't usually want much sauce or gravy on something crispy.

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't believe I've ever served gravy for some meat that has been encased in breading. Isn't the purpose of encasing the meat to ensure juiciness?
I make gravy if something is pan-seared, sometimes. Roasts, yes; pot/blade roasts come with their own gravy already. Not for Schnitzel's even though they are pan fried.
More likely to make gravy to go on mashed potatoes, etc. For sure a hot chicken sandwich, but that chicken wasn't breaded.

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't believe I've ever served gravy for some meat that has been encased in breading. Isn't the purpose of encasing the meat to ensure juiciness?
I make gravy if something is pan-seared, sometimes. Roasts, yes; pot/blade roasts come with their own gravy already. Not for Schnitzel's even though they are pan fried.
More likely to make gravy to go on mashed potatoes, etc. For sure a hot chicken sandwich, but that chicken wasn't breaded.
Ditto

Where I live, you pay extra for gravy and you do not get your choice of colors. Crispy things tend to crawl out of it.

Back
Top Bottom