What is oie rotie aux pruneaux?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

my_psychosis

Senior Cook
I'm reading a Dean Koontz book and he mentioned a character was eating "oie rotie aux pruneaux" So I'm just curious, does anybody know what it is? I typed it in search but I couldn't read what came up. (French) Thanks :)

Oie Rôtie aux Pruneaux literally means goose roasted with prunes. There's no actual mention of foie gras stuffing.

I'm reading a Dean Koontz book and he mentioned a character was eating "oie rotie aux pruneaux" So I'm just curious, does anybody know what it is? I typed it in search but I couldn't read what came up. (French) Thanks :)

You can Google "oie rotie aux pruneaux," then ask to have the page translated. You will get it in English.

Here's one such translation.

Oie Rôtie aux Pruneaux – Roast Goose with Prune and Foie Gras Stuffing
The Julie/Julia Project

In the French title, there is no reference to Foie Gras. Oie Rôtie aux Pruneaux translates directly to Roast Goose with Prunes. nothing else.

Somewhere I have a great recipe from André Daguin, the former owner and chef of the Hotel in Auch (Gascony) for that dish. He's a master of Gascon cooking, and the father of Ariane Daguin who owns D'Artagnan in New Jersey.

To Jabbur - Dean Koontz book is Icebound - it's only been 16 years since you posted so I'm sure you're still looking for the book lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom