What is it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cheap blueberries is right, K-Girl! I just picked up two pints at Aldi yesterday - at $1.19 a pint! I would have bought more, but I didn't want them to go bad before I could use them since I still had a pint at home - and I've not had good luck trying to freeze them. If I don't have any fresh on hand, I'm not against using Wyman's frozen Maine blueberries.

Ross, that is almost identical to the recipe I have! The only difference is that my copy uses only 1 cup of blueberries (I like the 1 1/2 better) and calls for baking at 425 for 25 minutes. I usually make six jumbo muffins from a recipe, bake it in the toaster oven, and start checking at 22 minutes.

Ross Martin, even though "my" version says to use 1 cup of blueberries, I'll be making them with the cup and a half next time. The recipe is also excellent made with raspberries. I don't mix them into the batter, though. Rather, I spoon about 1/3 of the batter into the cup, sprinkle a few raspberries, do another round of batter-and-berries, then finish off with batter. The berries don't get mushed or clumped together.

Cheap blueberries is right, K-Girl! I just picked up two pints at Aldi yesterday - at $1.19 a pint! I would have bought more, but I didn't want them to go bad before I could use them since I still had a pint at home - and I've not had good luck trying to freeze them. If I don't have any fresh on hand, I'm not against using Wyman's frozen Maine blueberries.
You could make a blueberry compote or something and freeze that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom