What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wanted just something small for lunch today, we had a big brunch and I have big plans for dinner... I went freezer diving and came up with a container of my homemade Chicken Enchilada Soup.
chicken-enchilada-soup.jpg

Very tasty, but WHOWEEE! That's spicy!
I couldn't remember this recipe and looked it up ... I had made a note "DO NOT add the entire Jalapeno Pepper-too hot!"
:blink:
Good though!
My sinuses have been acting up, well! That took care of that!
:LOL:

Today I'm having salmon pasta salad using the lentil pasta and also I threw in onions and garbanzo beans. Additionally, I made soup -- it's a blender soup with cauliflower and arugala. Was supposed to have watercress, but couldn't find any locally.

Did a standard Swede today and grabbed a grilled sausages, with bread, ketchup, strong mustard and fried onion and a chips/crisp package and coke. Not the best but I wasnt home and it is quick and warm.

I went grocery shopping for my Mother as well a few items for our house and found this

IMG_2491.JPG

Mom requests frozen meal to make it easier for her.
I thought she's like this, but guess what?
I was so hungry when I got back, I had for lunch :LOL: I added a dollop of sour cream and it wasn't half bad really... it looked like hell, but it did the trick.
It was $3.14 for a 10 ounce portion, small for me, but just right for Mom... I'll get it again.

"...it looked like hell..." Well THAT'S a ringing endorsement, @Kaneohegirlinaz!
It didn't look ANYTHING like the picture on the box, but what ever does.
I should have taken a photo of it, but that "dollop of daisy" kinda made it look worse, but was tasty.
Maybe I should just make a batch of ground beef stroganoff myself ... :idea:

Have been enjoying something I'd forgotten about from my much younger years...a cup of chicken bouillon with pieces of chopped Swiss cheese in it. Love it and have been eating this for lunch the last month or so. Love what the warm/hot bouillon does to the cheese. Yummy to me. A handful of cherry or grape tomatoes on the side. That's all I've needed.

Using up leftovers today so I had Bubble and Squeak. No, I'm not British but it is a pretty good way to use up some random bits of vegetables and meat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom