What drinks should I get for my bar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Of course I did MM. As I say, my drinking habits are the family joke:LOL:

You are the family joke and I am the family embarrassment. I don't drink at all. Never have had an alcoholic drink in my life. Whenever we go out to drink I order milk with my meals and coffee after. I have had a few waitresses make a mention of being the designated driver. I used to respond, now I just let it go. Little does the waitress know I don't drive either. My daughter once asked me if there is anything I do, do. Yeah, I have babies with no labor. I thought she was going to kill me on the spot. None of the females in the family will ever ask me how did my labor go. Specially my sister. One minute I was in the kitchen fixing Christmas dinner for a houseful of company sitting in the living room waiting to eat and the next thing I was in the bedroom and my sister was delivering the baby. My sister was the one who thought I was lieing. :angel:

If the bar is for business and you have the funds I would stick to top drawer, well knows brands. Good booze makes a statement. Avoid really eclectic choices however.

Scotch: Johnny Walker Black or Chivas Regal
Bourbon: Jack Daniels Black or Knob Creek
Irish Whiskey: Tullamore DEW or Jamesons
Gin: Bombay sapphire
Rum: Appleton estate or Cockspur 12
Vodka: Reyka or Snow Queen
Tequila: Herradura Reserva or one of the Jose Quervo aged varieties
Cognac: Courvoisier vsop
Port: Grahams Six grapes
Sherry: Dry Sack

Also lay in: Grand marnier, Baileys, Campari, Dubonnet

Mixers: Tonic, Club Soda, Coke, gingerale,
Beer: Maybe a nice Redhook or IPA
Wine: Some red and white selections

Hey guys, I just finish construction on my mini bar at home. I however am not a drinker so I need some advice on what quality drinks to get. Also what are some nice drinks for my office?

Cheers,
Kevin.

Anything and everything that would knock an Irishman into next week would be good. :LOL:

Hmmm...light drinks for summer, wine coolers, maybe that sort of stuff?

IMO socializing is best kept separate from business. I would conduct my business and then offer to take the client out for a drink. It has been my experience that the best business people decline the offer.

One final thought and that is liability to you and your business if a client has a couple of friendly pops and then has a problem driving home.

Good luck!

Yep! What Aunt Bea said.

If the bar is for business and you have the funds I would stick to top drawer, well knows brands. Good booze makes a statement. Avoid really eclectic choices however.

Scotch: Johnny Walker Black or Chivas Regal
Bourbon: Jack Daniels Black or Knob Creek
Irish Whiskey: Tullamore DEW or Jamesons
Gin: Bombay sapphire
Rum: Appleton estate or Cockspur 12
Vodka: Reyka or Snow Queen
Tequila: Herradura Reserva or one of the Jose Quervo aged varieties
Cognac: Courvoisier vsop
Port: Grahams Six grapes
Sherry: Dry Sack

Also lay in: Grand marnier, Baileys, Campari, Dubonnet

Mixers: Tonic, Club Soda, Coke, gingerale,
Beer: Maybe a nice Redhook or IPA
Wine: Some red and white selections

If I walk in your office and I see the "good stuff", I'll turn around and leave. You've got to be charging me way too much!:ohmy::ROFLMAO:

If I walk in your office and I see the "good stuff", I'll turn around and leave. You've got to be charging me way too much!:ohmy::ROFLMAO:

Or I have enough clients that I'm making good money and can afford something better than Tvarski. I would think you would want to work with somebody who has measurable success. If somebody is going to judge my ability to represent or do business with them based on their perception that I make too much money, then I wouldn't want their business anyway. Last thing I would want is a high maintenance client who is so tight they squeak when they walk. :glare:

Or I have enough clients that I'm making good money and can afford something better than Tvarski. I would think you would want to work with somebody who has measurable success. If somebody is going to judge my ability to represent or do business with them based on their perception that I make too much money, then I wouldn't want their business anyway. Last thing I would want is a high maintenance client who is so tight they squeak when they walk. :glare:

Actually, it would be the lack of a sense of humor that would make me pass.:rolleyes:

Totally agree.
I was a contractor and later in my career became a sales representative for the same industry.
I learned to pass on certain clients and yes, I can fire a customer.
I have fired customers in the past. They were not worth all the extra trouble they caused me and my company.
So in a very nice way, I showed them the door.
Man did that feel good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In defense of my earlier list... I don't believe that's an ostentatious list - just a quality one and there's a big difference, imo.

Most of the bottles I listed are in the under $60.00 range and many are much lower. An ostentatious list would be loaded with $200.00 (plus) bottles. What I called out was run of the mill, decent quality liquor.

To me this list says "I appreciate quality and have a well funded bank account BUT I also know the value of a dollar. You are important enough to me to spend a little extra to offer you an excellent experience but as with most things in my world, I exercise some restraint".

In defense of my earlier list... I don't believe that's an ostentatious list - just a quality one and there's a big difference, imo.

Most of the bottles I listed are in the under $60.00 range and many are much lower. An ostentatious list would be loaded with $200.00 (plus) bottles. What I called out was run of the mill, decent quality liquor.

To me this list says "I appreciate quality and have a well funded bank account BUT I also know the value of a dollar. You are important enough to me to spend a little extra to offer you an excellent experience but as with most things in my world, I exercise some restraint".

Back
Top Bottom