What do you love to prepare in clay pots? Searching some inspiration for my new menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ivan1717

Assistant Cook
I wanted to introduce some new dishes to the menu that I prepare with my clay pots. I was wondering what are the dishes/types of dishes that you love to cook in clay pots rather than in other cookware? I am sure that I would get some good inspiration from your answers:chef:

Hello Ivan1717, Welcome to DC.

Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself? Who are you preparing the menu for? What have you already made in your clay pots and what are your favourites?

the more we know the more we can help you with something different. For example, it doesn't make sense to help you with a recipe for bread if you already make the same one or similar.

Moroccan dishes for a tagine. Might need some preserved lemon.:yum:

Welcome to the forum!

I only have a couple of clay pots, other than bakeware - a roasting pan, for chicken, and similar sized roasts, and a small casserole. I rarely use them though - enameled cast iron I use a lot more, and have a lot of sizes, and they can be used over direct heat much safer than clay. However, for baking bread clay pans are great, though I don't have enough of them!

I’m sorry. I haven’t used mine for years. I prefer cast iron Dutch ovens.

But now I’ll dust off my pretty blue clay chicken roaster and try it again .

Ivan! we still haven't heard your favourites?

Mine are only chicken and bread. I have several recipes but have never tried them.

and yours are?

Clay pots are great for low and slow in the oven. Dishes like baked ziti in ragu, cassoulet, cornish hens, stews, short ribs, oxtail soup, bread, baked beans. Clay pots give even, low cooking temps, and once heated, hold their heat well.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North.

Thank you for the inspiration

Hi all!
Thank you for all of the ideas

I am preparing some new recipes for my family. I live abroad, but I have turned home to spend with them some months and I wanted to prepare some delicious recipes.

For cooking in clay pots, I do a lot of stews. Additionally, I love to go for roasting in pure ceramics, mostly chicken in combination with different sauces and veggies. And et the end not forget about the beans that have a very special place on my list when it comes to cooking in clay pots.

Thank you for all of the answers, it is a great inspiration:):chef:

Some delicious recipes that are perfect for clay pots include:
-Lemon-Garlic Chicken with Potatoes and Artichokes
-Moroccan-Style Vegetable Tagine
-Herb-Roasted Pork with Root Vegetables
-Spiced Chickpea and Vegetable Stew
-Lentil and Sausage Casserole
-Stuffed Bell Peppers
-Braised Lamb Shanks
-Beef and Barley Stew
-Spicy Chicken and Rice Pilaf
-Coconut-Curry Vegetables