What did you eat Friday November 11, 2022?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Wow another day no one ate?

Dinner last night was thin linguine and homemade tomato sauce topped with parmigiano reggiano & pecorino romano cheeses.

linguini_111122_1_IMG_0270.jpg

DH was well enough to go to our club's dinner meeting honoring our Veterans. Dinner was a buffet of "heavy appetizers". Lots of skewers...chicken, meatballs, fruit and so on, plus a number of dips and spreads with crackers and pita, veggies is wonderful displays. Then there was the cookies and candies. It was easy to make a meal!

My migraine from Thursday was still going. There wasn't much headache to speak of, but there were other symptoms.

So, we ordered from our favourite Greek resto. I had the souvlaki platter, which comes with roast potatoes, rice pilaf, garlic bread, and a salad. DH had a platter like mine, but with chicken brochettes instead of souvlaki. We also ordered an appetizer of loukaniko (a sausage) in a wonderful lemon sauce. That sausage with that sauce is sooooo tasty.

Yesterday I made my last lentil salad of the season, using over 5 c of halved cherry tomatoes, from the next the last harvest. It got quite warm here the last several days - it's been getting into the 70s, so I put off my soup, though the soup weather is returning! The next week it looks like it will be 10° below average, instead of more than 10° over. I ate several bowls of that salad, and a friend helped me eat some this evening (Saturday). Not really something I can make in the off season. Back to soup weather Sunday.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom