What can I use to grate lemon peel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dephektr

Assistant Cook
the lemon peel tool

anybody know what all the shefs on tv are using for grating lemon peel. its something you get in the hardware store but i dont know what they call it.

Lemon Peel Tool

I believe it is called a RASP. I wouldn't be without one. I use it for lemon zesting, grating hard cheeses. I really like it. Oh by the way I also use it for fresh nutmeg.

I have 3 Microplane graters of different sizes. Go to www.google.com and type in the search box: MICROPLANE GRATERS and you'll get tons of information. You can buy these at any good kitchen supply shop, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, Linens and Things, Williams-Sonoma, etc. I get mine at Sur Le Table because they're always demonstrating them and I like what I see.

Aren't they a great kitchen tool? I just love grating fresh cheese, the cheese comes out so light and airy not the like powdery stuff you get in the containers in the stores. Also, microplane.com is really great. I had purchased my rasp years ago. I was in Sur La Table a few months ago, and happened to see the new ones now come with these nice clear plastic covers. I went on-line and e-mailed them asking how I could purchase one of these covers. In the e-mail form you have to put your name, address, etc. When I received a reply from them, they told me they put one in the mail for me, FREE. I couldn't believe it. I wrote them a really nice thank you e-mail. This was that in case anyone had a problem, I wanted you all to know how nice their customer service is. It's also great for shaving chocolate and so many other things. It really is a dream tool.

cookienut said:
Aren't they a great kitchen tool? I just love grating fresh cheese, the cheese comes out so light and airy not the like powdery stuff you get in the containers in the stores. Also, microplane.com is really great. I had purchased my rasp years ago. I was in Sur La Table a few months ago, and happened to see the new ones now come with these nice clear plastic covers. I went on-line and e-mailed them asking how I could purchase one of these covers. In the e-mail form you have to put your name, address, etc. When I received a reply from them, they told me they put one in the mail for me, FREE. I couldn't believe it. I wrote them a really nice thank you e-mail. This was that in case anyone had a problem, I wanted you all to know how nice their customer service is. It's also great for shaving chocolate and so many other things. It really is a dream tool.

:LOL: Thank you cookienut. I called and extoled their product and also mentioned the fact that I had purchased two as gifts for my sisters, which had the scabbards. They are sending me a free one also. Thanks to you too, cookie. I guess it pay to speak up. :LOL:

cookienut said:

:LOL: Thank you cookienut. I called and extoled their product and also mentioned the fact that I had purchased two as gifts for my sisters, which had the scabbards. They are sending me a free one also. Thanks to you too, cookie. I guess it pay to speak up. :LOL:

Re: the lemon peel tool

dephektr said:
anybody know what all the shefs on tv are using for grating lemon peel. its something you get in the hardware store but i dont know what they call it.

It is like a microplane, made by Greco Mfg company, originally for smoothing wood. I have two, a small which is useless as it is curled and maybe 1/4 " wide, the other about an inch and it is absolutely the best kitchen tool I have. It is good zesting citrus, grating parmesean. I got mine off QVC but any hardware store has them.

green.gif
:roll: GO DUCKS

Back
Top Bottom