What are you eating Sunday, March 12, 2023?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Pan-fried thin chicken breast, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, and lemon pan gravy.

lemon_chicken_031223_IMG_0776.jpg

I made a Mexican dish today, started in the Instant Pot with a chopped onion in some oil, followed by some minced garlic and some Mexican oregano, followed by some guajillo and some morita flakes, cooked for about a minute. Then the liquid was added - I had about 3/4 oz of dried tomatoes, soaked in 2 c hot water, then blended smooth, with 3 canned chipotles. The blender was rinsed out with 3 more cups water, and added to the IP, along with 1 c channa dal, and 1/2 c kamut (just to use up the end of the jar). I seasoned it with some salt, that cumin/coriander powder I use for Indian dishes, and set to pressure cook 15 minutes, then let the pressure release naturally.

While cooking, I cut up a lot of those greens - all of the arugula and kale, cutting off the tough stems, and most of the mizuna, that doesn't have tough stems. I just cut them into about 1/2" pieces. I got about 3 qts of pieces I added to the lentils, and cooked it down about 15 minutes. Then I made some tacos, on some corn tortillas, toasted on an open flame, along with some queso fresco, and some leaf lettuce.
About 3 quarts chopped up greens, added to a batch of channa dal, cooked with chipotle and guajillo flavored sauce. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

A taco made with some lentils and chipotle sauce, with greens added, and cooked down, topped with some queso fresco and lettuce. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom