What are you eating New Year's Eve Friday December 31, 2021?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
New Year's Eve dinner - Blue cheese dip & salsa in bowls. Italian hero, bruschetta, green olive tapenade, olive salad, black bean salad, kidney & cannellini bean salad, potato salad and macaroni salad. I had a Bud.

NYE_dinner_123121_IMG_9111.jpg

Hmm, I see a post from our old friend buckytom in my preview, but nothing here. *poof*, just like bucky, it's gone. It was good to get a glimpse and know you're alive, BT!

We took the lazy way out. Just Himself and I, so we nibbled all evening: shrimp, stuffed mushrooms, Snyder's of Berlin potato chips and Lawson's French onion chip dip. A few veggies and fruit, too. And prosecco [emoji1635][emoji898]

Apologies.
After I posted, I saw an earlier and more inclusive and more active thread about food for NYEve and NYDay.

I'm nothing if not quick.

Ask my wife.

CG, lemme kniw when you see this, so I can delete it before being warned...

Wow, as per usual - that food posted looks and sounds delish guys!

I opened a can of Crescent Rolls. Baked in my toaster oven...

Stuffed a couple with ham and creme cheese - pretty good.
Leftover rolls for breakfast.
Mug of hot water spiked with cranberry juice - my favourite evening tipple.

Ate while watching TV and in bed by 11.
LOL - My favourite way to celebrate New Years Eve.

Ouch, 2:30 is bad, been there, done that. Dog's usual is 4 am. But this morning got to 5:45! yaaaa!

Google Slow Cooker Cat, Larry. Pretty sure I've seen a couple of recipes there. A little red wine, lots of herbs or spices.

We started off with shrimp cocktail poached in water seasoned with lemon, garlic, bay leaves, black peppercorns and salt, and Prosecco. Then we snacked on Greek Seven-Layer Dip and pita chips. After a while we had chocolate fudge ice cream with chocolate shards for dessert.
20211231_191037.jpg20211231_193303.jpg20211231_193454.jpg

We had a full-blown Venezuelan dinner last night, and a party which continued until 4 am (or so I was informed:LOL::LOL:)
A whole leg of pork, bone in, marinated in herbs, spices, garlic, onions and white wine, roasted for about 5 - 6 hours. We accompanied that with roast potatoes, brussels sprouts with bacon, walnuts & honey and carrots poached in white wine with cream and a touch of ginger.
I made a sundried tomato & black olive "tapenade" and "Papas a la huancaina" - a Peruvian dish which is basically a creamy white cheese dip with egg yolks, olives and yellow chiles.

Back
Top Bottom