What are you eating Friday, December, 23, 2022?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Mezzi rigatoni with homemade sauce, and topped with grated parmigiano reggiano & pecorino romano cheeses.

rigatoni_122322_IMG_0446.jpg

I've got one more dessert to put together, so tonight will be an easy meal. I pulled some Enchilada Sauce from the freezer, I'll use that to make some Cheese & Onion enchiladas, I've got LO Mexican Rice from last night's taco salads...and I've got some Spicy Beans from the freezer. Presto, dinner! Now...on to Mocha Chocolate Ice Box Cake!

Big salad: romaine, sprouts, diced tomatoes, halved cherry tomatoes, chopped broccoli, braised soy beans, pineapple diced, apple diced, with a mustard dressing. It's so cold here and the salad was refrigerated, so I microwaved it for a minute and it was a little warm. It was better that way. :)

Big salad: romaine, sprouts, diced tomatoes, halved cherry tomatoes, chopped broccoli, braised soy beans, pineapple diced, apple diced, with a mustard dressing. It's so cold here and the salad was refrigerated, so I microwaved it for a minute and it was a little warm. It was better that way. :)
I'm sure it was. We were going to start with leftover Waldorf salad. We both looked at the salad and decided it was too cold, considering the weather, to start with. We would wait until we had eaten something warm.

We had some samosas and some sausages wrapped in puff pastry. We also had leftovers: Waldorf salad, shish taouk marinated chicken, and potatoes. I'm relieved to get some of that out of the fridge. It didn't hurt that it was all pretty tasty. I don't think I will be buying those sausages in puff pastry again. It was sort of fun, but I could do that better, easily. For one thing, I would start with better sausage. ;)

This morning I woke early and had a spicy beefy sandwich. I've nibbled all the way to supper. That was fish fillets and hush puppies. Looks like my stomach's flight was cancelled and I'm looking forward to chocolate dessert later.

My son and I are doing something easy - frozen pizzas. It's been a tough day, with the bitter cold temps (-24 wind chill) and going outside, bundled up, in this crazy weather to start the cars and let them run for a bit. Then we accidentally locked ourselves out of the house because the screen door handle/knob was frozen solid and the door wouldn't open. So we were stuck outside in the wind and the cold for a good 10 minutes (my fingers were going numb) until my wonderful son finally took a mallet to the knob on the screen door to break it loose so we could get back inside.

:cry:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom