What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's good to see you to Bliss. I've been missing posting here.
Things have been chaotic here for the last few years.Some days have been rough, didn't feel much like talking to anyone. They've learned to leave a voicemail. I'll get back to them when and if I feel like it.

Things are looking up. Were all fine, just been very busy selling my house.
Last week took a long drive to a new town where nobody knows me to look for a house to buy, which I found my dream house. Trust me I'm truly stoked about it. they accepted my offer. YESSSSS!!!!!
Were working on getting out of this one and paperwork done on my dream home.This lil' Gypsy will be very busy for this next exciting chapter.

Hold on tight. :ohmy::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Munky.

I finally gave in and started sharpening my kitchen knives. They were past due. I have five done.

You know how they say that dull knives are more dangerous than sharp ones? I still call BS on that. SO picked up one of my nicely sharpened 4" paring knives and promptly cut her
finger.

The reason dull knives are more dangerous is because you're pressing harder to cut the object, therefore when you do get cut with a duller knife it's generally a deeper more severe cut for that reason.

The reason dull knives are more dangerous is because you're pressing harder to cut the object, therefore when you do get cut with a duller knife it's generally a deeper more severe cut for that reason.

I know the reason. I just don't buy it.

My thought is the reason is simply carelessness. A cut from a sharp knife can be very deep as well, simply because a sharp knife will more easily go deeper.

Knife go from sharp to dull gradually during many uses. Your brain/muscles adjust to these changes as they happen. So you know how to handle the knife because you do it daily.

I realize your position on this is the conventional wisdom, but I remain unconvinced.

I know the reason. I just don't buy it.

My thought is the reason is simply carelessness. A cut from a sharp knife can be very deep as well, simply because a sharp knife will more easily go deeper.

Knife go from sharp to dull gradually during many uses. Your brain/muscles adjust to these changes as they happen. So you know how to handle the knife because you do it daily.

I realize your position on this is the conventional wisdom, but I remain unconvinced.

I'm beginning to agree with your position. I think it's when something is difficult to cut and someone is using a dull knife and decides to push extra hard that there is a problem. But, caution would prevent that. It would take a lot more caution to prevent the accidental "drive by" cuts that one sometimes gets from a very sharp knife.

I'm beginning to agree with your position. I think it's when something is difficult to cut and someone is using a dull knife and decides to push extra hard that there is a problem. But, caution would prevent that. It would take a lot more caution to prevent the accidental "drive by" cuts that one sometimes gets from a very sharp knife.

You could argue that sharp knives are more dangerous. For example, I have a chef's knife. If you set it down on a flat surface and give it a little push at one end, it will spin. When the knife is dull and you reach for it without looking and hit the cutting edge, it will spin. When the knife is sharp and you hit the cutting edge, it will spin after giving you a nasty cut. Don't ask me how I know.

You could argue that sharp knives are more dangerous. For example, I have a chef's knife. If you set it down on a flat surface and give it a little push at one end, it will spin. When the knife is dull and you reach for it without looking and hit the cutting edge, it will spin. When the knife is sharp and you hit the cutting edge, it will spin after giving you a nasty cut. Don't ask me how I know.

That's the kind of thing I meant by "drive by" cuts.

It's good to see you to Bliss. I've been missing posting here.
Things have been chaotic here for the last few years.Some days have been rough, didn't feel much like talking to anyone. They've learned to leave a voicemail. I'll get back to them when and if I feel like it.

Things are looking up. Were all fine, just been very busy selling my house.
Last week took a long drive to a new town where nobody knows me to look for a house to buy, which I found my dream house. Trust me I'm truly stoked about it. they accepted my offer. YESSSSS!!!!!
Were working on getting out of this one and paperwork done on my dream home.This lil' Gypsy will be very busy for this next exciting chapter.

Hold on tight. :ohmy::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Munky.
Congrats and I wish you the very best!

How about the old adage.... it isn't the knife/car/gun/quilting blade/paper/ etc.etc.
that cuts/kills... it's the operator.

Knife welder beware! :angel:

I keep my knives very sharp. Check every time before use. If needs sharpening I do it right then. So I don’t develop habit if pushing hard. And all my nasty cuts I’ve had were by dull knives, not at home.

Although the item description doesn't say it, the link shows some very nice "knife rests". Could be handy & pretty at the same time! Portugese knife rest:

https://www.amazon.com/Bordallo-Pinheiro-Sardines-Sardinha-Espichels/dp/B01NBJCHYJ?th=1

I'm bawling my eyes out!

Loverly sent us a list of six songs, asking Himself to pick one for their father-daughter dance at the wedding next month. While I have my preferences (I'm looking at you, "Last Dance "), it's Himself's to choose. I just hope he does not pick Bruce Springsteen. I'll have to leave the venue.

https://damnlyrics.com/lyrics/This-Dance-Scott-Thomas-Laughridge-IVRBrxFi.html

I'm bawling my eyes out!

Loverly sent us a list of six songs, asking Himself to pick one for their father-daughter dance at the wedding next month. While I have my preferences (I'm looking at you, "Last Dance "), it's Himself's to choose. I just hope he does not pick Bruce Springsteen. I'll have to leave the venue.

https://damnlyrics.com/lyrics/This-Dance-Scott-Thomas-Laughridge-IVRBrxFi.html

OH MY GOSH!!!
CG, now you've got me bawlin' too!!!
I'd never heard that song before, its so touching and perfect, Himself better choose that one, for sure!!!
(I was just about to ask when the big day was btw, so excite for you all!!! can't wait to hear all of the details)

Crazy tired, but it's a good tired.
My new house is all set up ready for us to get there.Except the internet.

The movers will be here shortly to pack us up and tomorrow they will be back to load & move . "Let's go Leo" :LOL:
My adopted son and his wife will probably forgo a planned family affair
So they can see my new house. I have a feeling the new neighbors will be calling in a noise complaint. Party time!:cool::LOL::angel:
They can't wait to see it. I'm happy all my guys will be under one roof for dinner this weekend, Even if it's just take out.It's been a long time.

Until they shut my I/P off here which will probably be today I'll see you guys when I get really settled in.
Try not to behave, Have a riot, burn dinner, so on and so forth.;)

Munky.

Back
Top Bottom