What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's so nice, where did they go? Oahu, Maui, Kauai or to watch the TWO volcanoes has blowing their tops on the Big Island aka Hawaii Island.
We had been debating for awhile now as to how to celebrate our 30th and in my mind, I kept coming back around to - where we married? Oahu!

DH has been died set against ever flying in an airplane again ... well ... we haven't bought our tickets yet, we're going to wait and see what the restrictions are in a month or so ... none right now, but the State and all of the County's have a history over the past coupla years of changing their policies frequently!
She went to Oahu. She does stuff with Submarines, and was actually on a submarine for about a week or two. She left about 2 days before the volcanoes erupted, and was kinda disappointed cause she wanted to be there when it happened . It was mostly a work vaca ( kinda cool to go there on their dime!!). But she did get to goo on a few hikes, scuba diving and taste some of the wonderful fruits there. He BF most likely will be stationed there some time this year, so a very good chance she will be going back while he is there ( On her own dime). She did love it.

@larry_stewart so Pearl Harbor than, cool place to be stationed!
So glad that she liked it there, it is such a magical place.
When she goes again, tell her she has to go over to the Farmer's Market in Waialae-Kahala area: https://hfbf.org/farmers-markets/kcc/
I'll be there every Saturday of our trip!
Ill definitely let her know. She loves going to local farmers markets, so Im sure she'll be excited to go to one in Hawaii ( I Know Id be excited too). Thanks for the tip! She was a little bummed about Pearl Harbor, cause she didnt realize she needed timed tickets in advance, and only had a few days to plant, so couldn't get anything last minute. Im sure sh'll be able to see it next time, now that she knows.

Yesterday I canned 14 quarts of garlic turkey stock, have given two quarts to my sister already! My fresh garlic is starting to look unhappy so I minced 5 bulbs and added it when returning the stock to boiling before canning.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_5060.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5060.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 5
On a quest for hoops.
Went to my new hangout.I call it the "The Trouble Maker" Thrift store.
As I was checking out my son pointed out to what he thought was a sewing machine behind the counter. The lady behind the counter said it was just in, not tested yet for sale. I asked for it to be plugged in so I could get a better look. Whoa! They plugged it in it was actually a Digital Embroidery Machine. A little out dated, but I liked it. Reminds me of my Brother Sewing Machine that's digital to. It can do fancy stitches to.
She called the owner of the store who said she would sell it for $100.00. After a minute on the phone with the owner the girl told me the owner said "Because it doesn't have a foot pedal" She dropped the price down to $10.00. SOLD!!! ;) That machine doesn't require one. Great deal.
As I was walking out the girl said " Oh and btw, we just got in another shipment of plates that you collect. I've set them aside for your next return" ;)

Were expecting more rain today and tomorrow. Sounds like a good enough excuse to read up how to use the machine and try to find those hoops. Chinese for dinner tonight.
This is the machine.

Munky.

Last edited by a moderator:
jumping thru DC... thinking of ways to stay awake after yummy supper. Have to fetch family from airport tonight 11pm ( :mad: ) ...
Hour drive there, extra 10/15 stop for gas, and.... it's snowing, not enuf to shovel... but in an hour or so? just great...

LOL - we will survive after all we are SUPER MOM/GRAMMA!!!!

jumping thru DC... thinking of ways to stay awake after yummy supper. Have to fetch family from airport tonight 11pm ( :mad: ) ...
Hour drive there, extra 10/15 stop for gas, and.... it's snowing, not enuf to shovel... but in an hour or so? just great...

LOL - we will survive after all we are SUPER MOM/GRAMMA!!!!
Sending positive vibes.

End story -
Hardly any snow at all in the end, just enough to cover the icy patches.
Got some gas - benefit of late night gas stops, price is usually at it's lowest.
Got there but realized looking at the overhead signs that van GPS was still set on Departures. Tried to ignore voice, listen to phone faint voice, watch for Cell Park, took wrong turn, ended up in Paid Parking. Took 6 minutes to find exit. Attendant on speaker actually believed me and said I was lucky, it took most lost drivers a lot longer to find the exit.
Finally found Cell Park, at same time received text they had landed. Customs next, shuttle, baggage and would text again.
One hour later...
Told them next time - text me when you land, I will then put on my coat, walk the dog and lastly leave for airport.

Trying to stay warm today. We have below freezing temperatures and freezing rain, so we are also preparing for power outage. Filling a large thermos with hot coffee, another thermos with hot soup, and praying that the power grid (fondly called the power grinch) holds up. We have a stack of firewood ready for the stove, and blankets at the ready.
For this we moved to Texas?

Gathered up the paperwork for my income tax and sent it off to the accountant.

I’ve had the same accountant for more than thirty years and we’ve never met, which I guess is a good thing! ?

Trying to stay warm today. We have below freezing temperatures and freezing rain, so we are also preparing for power outage. Filling a large thermos with hot coffee, another thermos with hot soup, and praying that the power grid (fondly called the power grinch) holds up. We have a stack of firewood ready for the stove, and blankets at the ready.
For this we moved to Texas?
Generator? if not and willing to invest some pennies... Generac. Can't recommend them enough. Whole house or as much as you want. Turns itself on, turns itself off, runs a weekly diagnostic. As a single older person, I could not have coped without it.
On the farm, it powered my well, water for horses more important than myslef, sump pump, (basement floods), and last but not least! powered my computer and TV.. ;):ROFLMAO:

Dragnlaw, we have a generator, but don't like to use it unless absolutely necessary. It sure came in handy during the 2021 ice/snow storm that knocked out power for four days.
A generac is a bit out of our price range, but it sure sounds like a wonderful machine!

I have been absent here for a while. I have been so busy. A while back I decided to become Scoutmaster for our local Boy scout troop. That along with the farm has left me with little free time. I really need to be posting some of the awesome food we have been cooking in the Dutch oven.
Right now, we are in the middle of a fundraiser to make money for a hiking trip to the Black Hills in South Dakota. We are having a chili feed so that means making 30 gallons of chili.

Whoa! dat's a lotta chili! Good to see you Jon, let us know how it turns out - when you have time of course! LOL

And be sure to post some pictures of everyone enjoying the chili - plus later on of your hike thru the Hills!
I never got into hiking but the Black Hills would be a place I'd love to hike!

@Farmer Jon nice to see you back here!
@dragnlaw we live a couple miles from one of the generac companies, they are all over our area, SE Wisconsin area. They have a fine reputation as an employer too. I can't get a deal on one, but if I could I would get one.

Today I'm painting spar water-based polyurethane on medium density fiber boards, to use to stretch watercolor paper on larger paintings. Mr bliss is building swarm traps and beeboxes for hives for this spring.

Back
Top Bottom