What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My previous Mac had an optical reader slot for CDs. I copied a ton of music onto my hard drive so now I can listen to music from my laptop and phone and don't have to depend on a CD drive. My current MacBook has no CD drive.

While you have that stand alone drive, you should think about doing the same.

Copying from LPs and cassettes is another issue I'm trying to tackle but lack the motivation.

I understand that.

Aren't there services that will do it for you? It might be worth it. It's a tedious job and I'm sure the pros have automated equipment.

My previous Mac had an optical reader slot for CDs. I copied a ton of music onto my hard drive so now I can listen to music from my laptop and phone and don't have to depend on a CD drive. My current MacBook has no CD drive.

While you have that stand alone drive, you should think about doing the same.

Copying from LPs and cassettes is another issue I'm trying to tackle but lack the motivation.

DIGITNOW Bluetooth Record Player with Stereo Speakers, Turntable for Vinyl to MP3 with Cassette Play, AM/FM Radio, Remote Control, USB/SD Encoding, 3.5mm Music Output Jack(Black)

Thanks, msmofet. That would take care of the LPs but not the tapes.

Actually, I have a conversion device that acts to convert output from a turntable or cassette player into digital but I haven't got it working right yet.
You can put cassettes in the side

61FIQaoeJBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I thought you could copy tapes to USB or SD card also.

Last edited:
switching between my web browser tabs and listening to calming music.
earlier i've connected my phone to a chromecast {even tho i hate what google do as a company}.

soon i will go to bed..

Did some Costco shopping yesterday and picked up a whole pork loin. About ten pounds. Great price at $1.89/Lb! I portioned it in to 10 meals of boneless chops and two end cuts for stir-frys etc. I packed them using the Food Saver.

Yes! I got one last week at $1.95/lb. Wish I could have gotten more. We chop it into thirds and then break those down as needed.

We used to have a Food Saver too. Then we invested in a commercial grade vacuum sealer (like the one on Chopped...can't remember the name off hand). Best thing we ever did. The Food Savers would always break down on us after a few months.

Yes! I got one last week at $1.95/lb. Wish I could have gotten more. We chop it into thirds and then break those down as needed.

We used to have a Food Saver too. Then we invested in a commercial grade vacuum sealer (like the one on Chopped...can't remember the name off hand). Best thing we ever did. The Food Savers would always break down on us after a few months.

Wow, that's bad luck with the Food Savers. I bought mine at a Salvation Army second hand store for $2.00 about 10-12 years ago and it's still going strong.

I made tomato sauce from our home grown Romas. Got a quart, put it in 1/2 pint containers and into the freezer. Like Andy, I'm going to make chicken stock soon. Them bones, them bones, them dry bones . . . .

In spite of the temperature around 80⁰, I've been sitting on the porch sipping iced coffee mocha, listening to Marketplace, and watching my hummingbirds at the feeder. I keep waiting for one of them to kiss me! LOL! Just a few minutes ago, one flew up to the edge of the porch. Had I leaned forward in my rocker and put my hand out, I could have touched her beak! Earlier, when I was pulling the feeders to clean them, two of them played "chase" right between my eyes and the shepherds hook. Bold little birdies.

Oh, what a wonderful picture you painted for me! Thanks CG, nice share!

When we lived in CA, I put one of those bubbler fountains just outside of the den window. I could sit and watch the birds come in for a drink or a quick rinse. Hummingbirds, finch, sparrows and once in a while a big bird. Not "The" Big Bird, of course...

clip-art-sesame-street-606482.jpg
graphics-laughing-867787.gif

I'm glad you liked my word painting, Ginny! I have two nectar feeders out front - a red one for hummers, an orange one for Baltimore orioles (but the hummers drink from that one, too). The orange colored one also holds half an orange along with having little divots for grape jelly. That food also attracts cat birds. The front also has a suet feeder. I get downy woodpeckers on that often.

Out back I have several kinds of feeders right outside the kitchen window. Since I spend so much time at the sink, I have a lineup of feeder just off the little patio. Lots of busy times at those feeders!

Then there are the pesky squirrels and chipmunks...

I guess they are sterile since they don't sprout. Then again, the squirrels, when not swinging off the mixed seed feeder, are busy hoovering up the seeds on the ground. I have already coated them - generously! - with a pepper mix. It's supposed to stop the squirrels and chipmunks from eating them since they are sensitive to "heat". We must have Mexican or Thai squirrels, etc, since they don't seem to mind.

I miss watching all 'my' birds at the feeders on the farm. :(

CG, I too had both red and orange feeders out, but the orioles much preferred the red ones! :LOL: to the point when the orange one broke I never replaced it.

One year I recorded the different birds I saw around the feeders, farm and fields. Numbered over 64 (or maybe it was 68) .

I put up a couple of red feeders this summer. Usually it only takes 3 or 4 days for them to find them. Been a week now, another :( but I have not given up hope. One is in an obvious place but the other (in a bit of a corner to a window I see out of most) might take a bit longer.

I hear and see geese overhead, hear and see some cardinals, crows, some sparrows, and believe it or not only hear bluejays, the noisiest of the lot! :rolleyes:

So the role call here is not great... at least not yet, I'm working on it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom