What are some things that are main stream, everyone likes except for you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would like to point out that "White Chocolate" is still made from the cocoa bean which is the same bean used to make the various shades of "Brown Chocolate".

and I LOVE licorice - not just to be different,
but if anchovies and sardines tasted like licorice - I might be enticed.

but if anchovies and sardines tasted like licorice - I might be enticed.
Anchovies are OK - licorice is OK but sticks to my teeth - but sardines are yummy scrumptious delish - but only if tinned in olive oil and dumped straight from the tin into a bowl of mixed salad.

If I can get fresh sardines I freeze them whole, and de dawg lurves them straight from the freezer - heads, tails, fins, innards an' all. Sardine ice-lollies!

Anchovies are OK - licorice is OK but sticks to my teeth - but sardines are yummy scrumptious delish - but only if tinned in olive oil and dumped straight from the tin into a bowl of mixed salad.

If I can get fresh sardines I freeze them whole, and de dawg lurves them straight from the freezer - heads, tails, fins, innards an' all. Sardine ice-lollies!
Yeah, I try not to eat licorice if I'm going anywhere. LOL

Sardine ice-lollies - WOW - and then fishy kisses, blech!

I can appreciate most things. I've tried very hard to like coffee, but cannot do it. Not even coffee ice cream. By the time I get it to the point that I can drink it, I don't think it can be classified as "coffee" anymore. :)

I can appreciate most things. I've tried very hard to like coffee, but cannot do it. Not even coffee ice cream. By the time I get it to the point that I can drink it, I don't think it can be classified as "coffee" anymore. :)
Im the same way. The only time I almost liked it, was when my wife got some coffee that had and inch of caramel, another inch of chocolate syrup , coffee then topped with whipped cream. Still did't like it, but definitely was an improvement.

Love potatoes. Any kind, any way....except mashed white/reds.
Macaroni and cheese....pass!
Those little green peas. Sometimes called 'English' peas around here. Fresh shelled ones can be nice.
I quickly move away from people who smell like "Evening In The Cow Pen" ...Moved over three aisles to get away from a woman the other day, who must have drenched herself in toilet water. Told the wife I could track her through a swamp....blind folded....at night...with a stopped up nose!

I don't care for tuna, either fresh tuna steaks or canned tuna. Unfortunately my husband loves it, so I make tuna salad and occasionally grill tuna steaks (it's hard to find tuna steaks here in the outback of Texas, which is a blessing!)
Uncle Bob, I'm with you on the over-perfumed people. I always wonder what kind of stench they are trying to hide.

To begin with, I am a picky eater. Thigs I do not like are cooked vegetables, carrots, beats, sweet potatoes, pumpkins, especialy do not like leafy green things.
Anything that contain anice i hate, but strangly I enjoy the Uzbek soup called Lagman with some anice in it.
Same thing with coconut, can't stand it, but love Tai Chicken Coconut soup.
What I reall y do not like is cream of wheat, just the look of it makes me nauseated or oat meal, or any grain concaction in that form and texture. But I do love mashed potatoes despite the fact that the consitency is similar, kind of.

Oh and I forgot, I really don't care for ANY tropical fruits, no, really!
What?!?!?! No way! :unsure::ROFLMAO:

I'm with the OP, I can't stand anything 'buffalo'. Nasty stuff.

And I despise kale. I do NOT get the allure of it. In fact, I don't like greens at all, with the exception of spinach. The junk that restaurant salads are made from these days - greens and crabgrass, or whatever that crap is, that looks like someone yanked it out of their back yard - just no. Can't do it. Iceberg lettuce, romaine lettuce and baby spinach are the only greenstuffs I'll make a salad out of.

Okay, here I go...
Cilantro. Yep, do not like it much at all. In small amounts, I can tolerate it, but people never seem to use "smaller amounts". Guy I know used to make home made salsa, and I guess he thought cilantro was the main ingredient. All you can taste is cilantro. Yikes.

Salsa that has just a pinch, is just fine with me.

T.

For me celery and raw carrot. I won't eat either one. Cooked carrots are fine for me.

Not much of a fruit eater.

Berries are good, mango, orange and an occasional banana, but not much else. Never eat apples, peaches, pears, nectarines, plums.

I don't care for cinnamon in desserts, but I do like it savory.

Sriracha, it's okay, but what's the big deal?
Pumpkin pie, :sick:
Mac 'n cheese. Some can be okay. Usually I don't even like the way it smells.
I'm sure I will think of other things.
I thought of some more. I like ham, but I'm not a fan of ham steak. I'll happily eat a French Canadian dish that I can't remember the name of. I call it "ham stew". It's made with a meaty ham bone, bits of ham plus regular stew vegis, including cabbage (and I often dislike cooked cabbage), but it isn't thickened. Great chunks of ham in most things, nope. I love ham on a sandwich or as charcuterie. The only baked ham I ever enjoyed was the one my mother made. The ones with sweet glazes, :sick:. I haven't had ham with raisin sauce or a sweet glaze since I was a kid. Those occasions were as a guest at someone else's house, so I felt that I had to politely eat it and not comment on the yucky sweetness. I'm generally not a fan of sweet with my savoury. Growing up, the sweetest things my mother ever served at supper were cranberry sauce for the holidays, applesauce next to pork chops

Fresh coriander greens are horrible. In reasonable amounts, they can be okay in a cooked dish.

Sugary, BBQ sauce or glaze, just no. If it's maple glazed, it better be dessert. Do not put maple syrup in or on my bacon. *shudder*

Back
Top Bottom