What Accessories Do You Have For Your Instant Pot® ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KGirl, Here is what I have for mine. I also have that glass lid, which I bought separately, so that was good that you got that - it is useful for a lot of things. Besides slow cook recipes, it's good for some steaming - I use it with that steamer basket I got in the set, and I set it on sauté/high.
Accessories for the Instant Pot. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

There are many sets of accessories out there - when I started l needed a new seal, and I got 3 of those, plus that red chimney thing, to redirect the steam, so it goes away from my cabinet looked useful, and turned out to be really good! Those blue "grabbers" work great for taking the hot pot out of the cooker. That steamer rack under those two items came with the pot, and is great for a lot of things, and I used that for HB eggs, before that set gave the the one on the left. That blue steamer thing, with the lid I haven't used - not sure what I'll use it for, but maybe some idli, or some Chinese steamed buns.

You'll just have to figure out what you cook, and see what set seems most appropriate. It's like knife sets, there's always something that it seems you won't use, though in this case, usually buying a set saves a lot!

I have many accessories. I will make a list when I can.

BTW I made several cheesecakes in the IP. They come out wonderful. GG linked a Fat Daddio Push Pan. I have the regular Fat Daddio mini cheesecake pan with the clip on the side.

Here's one:

Samoa Cheesecake

samoa_cheesecake_IP_041617_P1100074.JPG

Ok, here is the first batch for now.

Silicone lid for covering the inner pot in the fridge.

silicone-lid.jpg

Extra gaskets

gaskets.jpg

Glass lid for NON-pressure cooking and serving.

IP-glass-lid.jpg

Jar lifter for when making foods in mason jars. Such as lemon curd, crustless quiche.

jar-lift.jpg

PC_lemon_curd_031217_P1100022.JPG

PC_bacon_swiss_cheddar_chive_quiche_031317_P1100023.JPG

6" Bundt cake pan

6-cup-bundt.jpg

Steam basket for eggs, vegetables etc.

steam-basket.jpg

Steam diffuser to redirect steam away cabinets

steam-release.jpg

Spring form pan for making cheesecakes (Samoa cheesecake posted above) or lasagna

fat-daddio-cheesecake-pan.jpg

Silicone cupcake cups for cupcakes or poached eggs

silicone-cupcake-cups.jpg

poached_eggs_062718_3_IMG_4380.jpg

More to come.

Large Nut Milk Bag for straining yogurt

yogurt_strainer_pouch.png

yogurt_2.jpg

Silicone mits for lifting hot pot out of base unit

IP_mini_mits.jpg

Collapsible steam basket (flower style). I use for a few eggs and broccoli etc.

oxo_steamer_may_5_2018.jpg

Stackable pans for reheating or Pot In Pot multiple dishes at same time. I used mine to make two different BBQ sauces at the same time.

stackable_steamer_inserts.jpg

Silicone baby food/Egg bite trays. Can use to make brownie bites, egg bites, poached (I used mine for poached eggs) or hard cooked eggs no shells to peel. You can also freeze broth in small portions to make gravy etc.

silicone_freezer_trays_may_5_2018.jpg

IP_poached_eggs_072118_2_IMG_4582.jpg

Look through your other pot lids, too. I found that a glass one I already have fit perfectly on the Instant Pot.
I never even thought of trying that. I always tell my wife that a glass lid would be awesome.

I'll look next time I have it going.

Look through your other pot lids, too. I found that a glass one I already have fit perfectly on the Instant Pot.
I did that and none of my pot lids (glass or metal) fit. And none of my metal bowls fit.

I have the original trivet and a fat daddio springform pan. Thats it.

I use mine a lot but have found that you really don't need many accessories.

Plus, lots of "accessories" like steamer baskets and a lid may already be in your kitchen.

I have the original trivet and a fat daddio springform pan. Thats it.

I use mine a lot but have found that you really don't need many accessories.

Plus, lots of "accessories" like steamer baskets and a lid may already be in your kitchen.
None of my old stuff fit in my IP. I tried them all. I use my steam basket placed inside a 6 qt. plastic container to strain whey from my IP yogurt.

I have several items such as the glass lid, silicone covers, and an egg rack. My favorite item is a cushioned travel tote though. It has side pockets for accessories, etc. It's padded so all is snug in the tote, and I use it to store my IP if not using it for a while.

My work has an annual chili cook-off. It has been awesome for that. :cool: Also, when friends would get together for PotLucks. Awesome for that too.

One thing I didn't see was a silicon sling. Absolutely the number one assc. needed. The other stuff can wait. You will need to raise and lower stuff in and out of that pot.
Now, don't bother with the SS ones, get a silicon one! Trust me here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom