Wednesday's Dinner - 9/28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Made aa Chinese dish tonight. Did a quick blanch of the broccoli prior to adding it to the thickened sauce. I used a spider to transfer directly from the blanching pot to the sauced pot. Should have drained it first. Too much liquid transferred which thinned and diluted the sauce. I was hungry, and didn't feel like fixing it so I at as is, but very disappointed. Can't blame anyone but myself. On a happy note, I couldn't sleep so at 1am got up and made Studded cabbage, Borscht, artichokes and vegetable soup for the next few days and they came out good.

DH was not feeling well again today, so I took leftovers and morphed into a scrumptious meal for myself.
IMG_2159.JPG
I took a small piece of leftover grilled Rib Eye and sautéed it with some Trader Joe's Mushroom Medley (heavenly mushroom blend btw), reheated a quarter of a Baked Russet (laden with Butter S&P) and steamed some Corn OffTC and added loads of Butter; some Salt & Pepper to my taste... he's not eating so, it's all mine!

I have Crumbl Cookies for dessert later. (lemon glaze)
IMG_2158.JPG

DH, you go right ahead and stand in bed as long as you like

Homemade Lasagna (seasoned ground beef, tomato sauce, hard-boiled eggs, mushrooms, herbs, spices, ricotta, mozzarella, Parmigiano Reggiano & pecorino romano cheeses).

lasagna_before_092822_IMG_0087.jpg

lasagna_baked_092822_IMG_0090.jpg

lasagna_served_092822_IMG_0092.jpg

We had a grocery delivery. DH has done something to his achilles tendon. It seems to be inflamed. He has an elastic bandage on his foot. But, walking seems to make it worse, so I told him that I would take the grocery delivery and he could tick stuff off as I took it out of the bags. We use the intercom feature on the cordless phone. That worked well, but it was a lot of running around and I got all pooped out. I'm glad I told him to stay upstairs. In any case, I had no energy left to cook supper so we ordered burgers.

Homemade Lasagna (seasoned ground beef, tomato sauce, hard-boiled eggs, mushrooms, herbs, spices, ricotta, mozzarella, Parmigiano Reggiano & pecorino romano cheeses).

lasagna_before_092822_IMG_0087.jpg

lasagna_baked_092822_IMG_0090.jpg

lasagna_served_092822_IMG_0092.jpg
Oops, sorry haven't got the hang of inserting posts yet, I don't like to take up space with pictures already in there! LOL BUT, that being said, looks delish msmofet! What size are those containers? Looks ideal fro lunches and or to freeze?

Oops, sorry haven't got the hang of inserting posts yet, I don't like to take up space with pictures already in there! LOL BUT, that being said, looks delish msmofet! What size are those containers? Looks ideal fro lunches and or to freeze?
They are mini bread loaf pans (5-3/4 X 3 = 1/2 lb./8 oz. loaves). I like using the mini pans for lasagna because they are about 2 servings each. Also, everyone can have a personal lasagna with what they want in it.

That sounds great. I haven't made lasagna in years, due mainly to the size generally involved. I just might try the small loaves. Thanks!

That sounds great. I haven't made lasagna in years, due mainly to the size generally involved. I just might try the small loaves. Thanks!
I make lasagna in individual loaf pans too. I use full-sized ones that exactly fit the Barilla no boil noodles. The recipe I use makes just the right amount for three loaf pans (3 foil loaf pans in a package). Also the right mount of noodles for three pans (15 sheets-5 per pan). So it works out great. Each loaf pan is plenty for two people (unless you eat like I used to).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom