Wednesday's Dinner - 9/21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had some sunroot (Jerusalem artichoke) cream soup from the freezer and roasted onion sausages. There was also some wholewheat baguette to go with that. I froze the soup with no cream in it. Today I added crème fraiche, instead of whipping cream, and some salt and lemon. I forgot the salt and lemon when I first made it. That was really good. Those sausages are really good too and went really well with the soup. I ate too much.

Sunroot cream soup and roasted onion sausages.jpg

The last time I made picadillo, I got smart. I made the full recipe and then froze half of it before I called Himself into the kitchen. We had that second half of the batch today, along with yellow rice, butter and bacon fat sautéed corn, and cut-up grape tomatoes and Persian cucumbers seasoned with Grains of Paradise and Hawaiian black salt
20220921_202303.jpg

IMG_0331.jpegI decided on breakfast for dinner tonight. SO returns tomorrow. So I made an omelet with ham, cheese, green pepper, red onion and crimini mushrooms.

20220920_095833.jpg Actually made this on Tues, baked (oops no pic) and then had half for supper. Stuffed Eggplant with Scallops. That's the last of them. :p

Think I've found a fish monger not too far from me. Perhaps I'll be able to purchase single servings. I don't mean the giant (10's & U's) at the big grocers but I'll have to compare prices if the smaller ones are available defrosted.

Back
Top Bottom