Wednesday's Dinner - 7/20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah, must be the day for Chicken and mushrooms. I made Creamy Chicken Pasta from the Sainsburys magazine and added mushrooms. Basically, it was like a Stroganoff, but with chicken. Tasted pretty good.

Well, I'm going to be the odd one! I bought a hunk of chuck at the butcher, a couple of days back. I figured I better do something with it, so I popped it into the oven this afternoon. We'll have Pot Roast with carrots, potatoes and boiling onions. I browned the roast on the stove top, then slathered it with horseradish sauce, a cup of water and into the oven for 2.5 hours and then added the veggies. It will be done soon. I'll put all of the above on an oven proof platter and pot it back into a low oven, while I finish things up. Gravy, rolls, etc.

In the meantime, DH has already come in to ask if we are having Pot Roast tonight and I imagine there might be a couple of neighbors, down wind, asking the same. ;-)

I made marinated grilled pork chops and SO made salads, We dined in splendor in the dining room, a room we usually just walk through on the way to another room.

I finally found some tortillas that have ingredients I like. They come frozen, so no preservatives needed, just: "Six grain flour*, untreated unbleached white flour, filtered water, sunflower oil*, wheat protein (gluten), sea salt, baking powder.
*Organic."

I even found out that the six grains are wheat, corn, barley, rye, rice and oat. Would have preferred no white flour, but better than most.

So, I finally got around to making quesadillas for the first time. I chopped up an onion and half a large, red, bell pepper. I minced some garlic and fried it all up with a bit of cumin and a touch of salt. I shredded the chicken breast I roasted the other day. I grated some cheddar cheese and added that too. Oh my, those were good. I'm very pleased that my first try was at least as good as any I have had before. I would have added some salsa or hot pepper, but DH is having a bad reaction to hot spices while he's taking the meds for diverticulitis. Not much of a picture, but here it is. Yes, I made another one. I didn't want to make it until we tried the first one. That would give me the chance to make changes if necessary. The only change was a bit more of each of the ingredients.

Quesadillas on multigrain tortilla with chicken, red bell pepper, onions, and cheddar.jpg

Back
Top Bottom