Wednesday's Dinner - 6/29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Battered Breaded and Baked, cauliflower, asparagus, onions, with stir fry sauce.
We used it all up, so I made another batch, about 2.75 pints which will last a few months (maybe 3 months).

Crustless pumpkin pie and strawberry puree.

Shrimp Gumbo.........

39817-albums888-picture8931.jpg
[/IMG]

Shrimp here, too. I had bought a jar of Herdez simmering sauce a while ago. Figured tonight was the night to use it. I sauteed shrimp briefly, then simmered them with the sauce just long enough to warm it. Served it over rice with a dish of cooling watermelon on the side. Himself made the mistake of eating his watermelon while I prepared the shrimp. Oops! We had salads first, though.

IMG_20220629_201652055_HDR.jpgIMG_20220629_211706528_HDR.jpg

I was exhausted from the grocery delivery, since DH couldn't help much with the gout attack still ongoing. I had him mark off all the groceries as I emptied the boxes. We ordered out. DH ordered a burrito bowl and I ordered a quesadilla on a wholewheat tortilla. The quesadilla was good, but the stuff was inside and hidden. I couldn't tell for sure, but I think they put a red salsa with tomato instead of the green salsa with tomatillos and no tomato. It is harder to tell in wrapped food than in open food like a burrito bowl. So, I probably won't order a quesadilla from them again.

Dinner last night's Salisbury steak, green beans, mashed potatoes, and onion gravy.

salisbury_steak_062922_img_9779-jpg.50950

Back
Top Bottom