Wednesday's Dinner 6/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't know what to call it... defrosted some shrimp a chorizio sausage, drained a can of black beans, cut up an onion, tossed in some grape tomatoes lookin a bit worse for wear, didn't realize I had grabbed a 2 cup frozen chunk of goose stock (how can one mistake 2 for 1??? duh...) a cup of rice. Only threw the shrimp in when the rice was done and I took it off the heat.

Was very bland but I left it like that for baby and her daddy who doesn't do a lot of spice. DIL & I added a good amount of some Cajun spice from a jar in my "spice cupboard" (have no idea the date or the blog I got such a huge amount to make! LOL)

It was delish and I'll probably be having quite a few meals from it. :pig::yum:

Oops, I didn't get the shrimp memo...

I spent two hours in the garden, so we're working on leftovers. We split the last banger with mashed, cooked up more peas. Himself is finishing the last of salami, while I finished off a chunk of watermelon with some blueberries.

Pot roast, mashed potatoes, au jus, and steamed asparagus.

pot_roast_061522_img_9717-jpg.50682

Potatoes and hot mustard sauce and carrot apple pineapple slaw for me.
mr bliss had a large salad (lettuce, broccoli, beans, whole wheat, tomatoes, pickles) with carrot slaw, tomato dressing.
Oatmeal-fruit balls with apricot pieces.

I got sort of ambitious and made a Danish, simplified version of beef Massaman curry. I served it with brown rice and a Chinese cucumber salad (Thanks for link to that recipe, GG.). I had an oops and added fish sauce to the cucumber dressing. It was supposed to go in the Massaman curry (obviously, I just added some to the Massaman curry too). That actually may have enhanced the cucumber salad, because DH (who really dislikes cucumber) liked that cucumber salad. The curry was delicious too. There was loads of tasty sauce, so we had extra rice to sop up all of that yum. We both ate a bit too much. I think I will start exploring some other recipes for Massaman curry. It's a Thai fusion dish, with Indian, Malaysian, and Persian influences.

Beef Massaman curry, brown rice, and Sichuan cucumber salad.jpg Beef Massaman curry, brown rice, Sichuan cucumber salad.jpg

We had chicken fried steak, mashed taters, gravy and steamed asparagus. I like to serve the CFS on top of the gravy to allow the steak to stay on the crispy side and not overwhelm the steak.

IMG_6547 (2).jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom