Wednesday's dinner - 5/25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Pasta night !
Shrimp & Calamari over Penne, Fra Diovolo Sauce
(Tomatoes, Onions, Garlic, White Wine, Red Pepper Flakes and Oregano)

Calamari & Shrimp Fra Diovolo 5-25-22.jpg

Tonight, we'll have steak!! A couple of small filets, baked potato, skillet roasted asparagus. Earlier, I made a batch of "Creamy Caramel Ice Cream". It is from a mix, it was super easy, hope it is yummy too! It will likely be our dessert tonight.

I took some of that triple strength chicken stock I made last week, added water, some uncooked brown basmati rice, and a handful of frozen, diced carrots. I simmered it until the rice was nearly done. I shredded some of the leftover chicken and added that to the soup. I served it with chicken salad sandwiches. Very satisfying, tasty meal.

I had had other plans for supper, but had to make something that wouldn't take too many spoons. At about 3 A.M., my phone started whooping about an amber alert. That just messed up my sleep for the rest of the night.

Homemade chicken soup and chicken salad for sandwiches.jpg chicken soup and chicken salad sandwich.jpg

baked and browned potato wedges with buffalo hot sauce I made. Spinach and collards with greek lemon spinach lentil stew over top.

Since I took advantage of a cool, baking weather day, I kinda bailed on supper. We had Naan bread pizzas. Himself had onions, mushrooms, and cupping pepperoni (I remembered to put it on top of all the other ingredients this time :LOL: ). Mine had spinach, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, and black olives.

Tonight, we'll have steak!! A couple of small filets, baked potato, skillet roasted asparagus. Earlier, I made a batch of "Creamy Caramel Ice Cream". It is from a mix, it was super easy, hope it is yummy too! It will likely be our dessert tonight.

I served the steaks as a "sandwich" on top of garlic bread and then topped with onion rings. They were tasty, but left us with no room for ice cream! :(

IMG_6512 (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom