Wednesday, 3-29-2023 Supper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Was Wednesday a day of fasting? Or was it a day of slow...posting when it comes to the dinner thread.

We had errands to run. Dropped off an entire cargo area+half a back seat of usable goods at the local Savers store (like a Goodwill or Salvation Army, but with good hours and actual help). While we were in the area, we headed over to the Irish pub, O'Connor's. I think it has lost its shine since the founders sold off to a restaurant group (it was time for them to enjoy retirement, so I don't fault them), but it was still good enough. I had chicken schnitzel saltimbocca with stuffed mashed potatoes and veggie medley. Himself had his favorite, haddock fish fry with fries and coleslaw.

Anyone else eat?

I had planned what to make for supper, but after putting away the groceries from a delivery earlier today, I was pooped out. So, we ordered from our favourite Greek resto. We have to catch them when we can because, they seem to be short staffed and are only open Tuesday through Friday.

The food was very good. Their rice pilaf wasn't quite as good as usual, but still better than from most places. I had a pork souvlaki platter and DH had a filet mignon brochette platter. Both platters come with salad, rice pilaf, Greek roasted potatoes, and garlic bread.

I made unstuffed cabbage for dinner last night.

unstuffed_cabbage_032923_IMG_0862.jpg

Back
Top Bottom