Wednesday, 3-22-2023, what are you eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unfortunately my sous-chef doesn't cut napa. For the amount of cabbage I eat, I'm better off buying a whole one. Bagged would go ka-ka on me way before a whole one, cut into or mot.

I never can tell when leeks are expensive here. I'm not a mathematician and I refuse to stand and try to figure out if they are expensive from last month or 2 months ago. they are never bundled the same. Sometimes singles, or bundles of 2 or 3 or 4 - boggles my mind, can't be bothered.
If I want them for a special recipe (that they are the star of) I will buy anyhow.

Agree, CG, won't go and buy one for a dish like that, just use an onion of some sort. If I have one I will use it, of course.

Aha! I see now, how you made the connection. I was only saying that I was using Napa and therefore I couldn't 'cheat' even if I wanted to, as Napa is never (or rarely?) pre-chopped.

Aha! I see now, how you made the connection. I was only saying that I was using Napa and therefore I couldn't 'cheat' even if I wanted to, as Napa is never (or rarely?) pre-chopped.
At least napa cabbage is really easy to slice. Also, with that barrel shaped head of cabbage, you can just cut slices straight across the top. I often buy napa cabbage when I just want to have cabbage at home, as opposed to knowing that I will use up a whole bunch of cabbage at once, like half or the whole thing.

I really need to try and figur a balance of all the cabbages. Green, red, napa. They each have terrific but different goodies in them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom