VI's Original Beef Kabab Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TandooriQ

Assistant Cook
2 1b Extra Lean Ground Beef
1 heaped tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Cumin powder
1 tsp Chili/Paprika powder
1 tsp Tumeric powder
1/4 tsp poppy seed powder
1 tbs ginger/garlic paste
4 tbs Cilantro (chopped)
3-4 Hot peppers (Thai Chilies) - optional
Salt to taste

Preheat TandooriQ Oven. Combine all ingredients well. Make 10-16 balls. Attach each ball to TandooriQ skewers, spreading the meat along the skewers (kabab style). Attach half an onion/potato to the end of the skewers. Insert kabab skewers into TandooriQ Oven, resting skewers on sides of the clay oven, for 5-10 minutes or till done. Serve with VI's Original Mint Chutney, TandooriQ Naans, Pinapple Raita and lemon wedges.

Sounds yummy thanks. I will try to get Santa to bring a Tandoori oven for Christmas. Hope it dont make his sled overweight.

I was kinda wondering if this could also be made with Extra Lean Ground Chicken or Turkey. What about Duck, but I guess Duck isn't really that Lean. But all three of them do happen to be poultry.

BOB

Add an egg. All will be well. Now remember them poppy seeds make a person fail the wacky tobaccy test or whutever. Least that whut some old hippy tole me one time.

Yes, you can use whatever ground meat you like - lean, medium. I just like extra lean. I have tried adding egg, but the kababs fall off the skewers. Then you have to add bread crumbs to compensate for the added moisture and this changes the flavour.
The way TandooriQ, the portable home tandoor works - food cooks very quickly by the radiant heat from the clay and the skewers transfers the heat through the center of the kababs. This process helps seal in all the juice, nutrients and flavours. The combination of coal and clay is what gives Tandoori food its very distictive taste, one than cannot not be duplicated by any other method of cooking.

Hmmm silly me. I woulda thunk the egg would make it hang together mo betta..kick kick. I got to go looky at this TandooriQ gizmo. There is plans on the net available to build a Tandoori oven using fire clay and a 55 gal barrel. I come within about an inch of trying to build it..then poof I ran out of energy. This happens to seasoned citizens sometimes.

Just went and looked at the first link and tend to agree with you. That is way too much work:)

Bob In Fla. said:
Whoooooooossssshhhhhhhhhhh! :LOL: :LOL: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :LOL: :-? :-?

BOB
beef recipe in a poultry recipes section?

Happier now? :-p

Back
Top Bottom