Vending with little time to set up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nascarfantom99

Assistant Cook
I've been bbqing as a hobby for a long time. I've always enjoyed cooking. I'm about to open a new door in 2014 of vending bbq and if all goes well I would be successful catering. I bought me a Lang 84 with a warmer. I've cook on small smokers but never on a big one so I need to learn fast when the smoker gets here. As I mention I will be starting out vending and my fist challnge is a 4 hour event that I only have one hour to set up so no cooking is done on site. But you want the smoker there for smell of smoke etc. I'm already buying a few cambros to start. My first plan is to cook the meat and time it perfect that I just put them in the cambro and get to my event and start a fire pretty quickly add whatever meat I have that can cook a little more.

My first events are all 1 hour set ups and your open so all the main cooking can't be there. It's going to be. Challenge because I would want to get my hot smoker there so I would need to cool it off to move it.

How many of you do events like that?

Why does your pit need to cool off. You have a warmer on it, why use the cambros. I just used hotel pans and foil over the top. on the pit As far as smell goes, I would half a few cheap yellow onions and toss them on the hot coals. Drove them in like crazy. Time it perfict? Never gona happen. I have driven whole hogs on my rig cooking down the road. Just a tip, DO NOT put a squeeze or pump bottle of sauce out. The customers will just drain it dry. I put sauce in little plastic cups and ask if they want sauce when I took the order. I just vend pulled pork on cheap burger rolls. I use a 4oz disher to control portion. Buy lots of napkins, they go fast!
Good Luck

Pigs

I'm in California so I'm guessing it would be illegal to drive down the road with pit with hot coals. I would think if I got pulled over that would be a ticket. Not sure.

Why does your pit need to cool off. You have a warmer on it, why use the cambros. I just used hotel pans and foil over the top. on the pit As far as smell goes, I would half a few cheap yellow onions and toss them on the hot coals. Drove them in like crazy. Time it perfict? Never gona happen. I have driven whole hogs on my rig cooking down the road. Just a tip, DO NOT put a squeeze or pump bottle of sauce out. The customers will just drain it dry. I put sauce in little plastic cups and ask if they want sauce when I took the order. I just vend pulled pork on cheap burger rolls. I use a 4oz disher to control portion. Buy lots of napkins, they go fast!
Good Luck

Pigs
That all works for me, except the little cups of sauce. I never thought of that, but I sure will from now on.
Those unyuns on the fire are the best smell in the world! Even makes me hungree-er after I been cooking and sampling all night.:supz:

Dang not sure how I managed to miss all this action. An old LSBS pal named Mark Lesley from Vernon TX...aka Head Country one seems like.. won the big contest at Rising Star which finsihed on Sat afternoon..pulled up stakes and drove to Traders Village in Grand Prarie to do surprisingly well and mostly win the open or maybe Invitational on Sunday morn. He swore it was the same log which won both contests. He got lost going back home and went in the South End of DFW airport and popped out on the North side. He say at the toll booth the hindu said.."Excuse me Sir..but your trailer seems to be smoking." Old Mark told him.."Yes dumbass..its called a bbq pit." lol Yeppers..was the self same log.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom