Vanilla

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According to "myrecipes.com"

When using extract in place of vanilla bean in a recipe, use 1 teaspoon for every one inch of vanilla bean.
Other sites may differ. :)

Ross

I think it may depend on how you are supposed to use the vanilla bean. Slitting it open and scraping out the tiny seeds? Adding the whole bean to some cooking liquid? Making vanilla sugar? There may be other methods I can't think of at the moment.

Oh yes you are right about that. I was making a cake so I put a whole tbsp in. Thanks for replying.

Oh yes you are right about that. I was making a cake so I put a whole tbsp in. Thanks for replying.

How did that turn out? It sounds like a lot of extract to me, but it would depend on how much cake you baked. What were the instructions for adding the vanilla to the cake?

My cake turned out pretty good. The title was blue berry muffin cake, and it does have that texture, but I think I will stick with plain old blue berry muffins. Its blueberry season where I am. I'm thinking jam. Anyway have a good day.

My cake turned out pretty good. The title was blue berry muffin cake, and it does have that texture, but I think I will stick with plain old blue berry muffins. Its blueberry season where I am. I'm thinking jam. Anyway have a good day.

Don't forget my favorite. Blueberry Pie!

Back
Top Bottom