Umami Bomb Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Chief's Umami Soup

This soup is remanicemt of high scool cafeteria food, but better. It is fead dimple to make. It merds to be prepared in a particular manner to get the full umami experience when eating
It, like all of my tecipes can be altered to suit your taste preferences. Enjoy.

Ingredients:
1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can water packed chunk yellow fin tuma
2 tsp. Porchini powder
4 oz. Whole milk

Place milk and porchini powder into a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer
Add tuna and canned soup. Do not stor until smooth. Leave globules of soup. Heat to a low boil. Serve.

The key to mac umami with this soup is eating the tuma eith the mushroom broth, while eating the starchy globule seperately. The tuna is one umami flavor, tempered bye milk. and flavored by the porchini powder, and the concentrated flavor of the canned soup is a seperate and 2nd umami flavor. You will want something to cleanse the pallate agter this soup, like cold melon, milk, fruit juice, etc.

I can see adding othrr items to this soup, maybe artchole hearts, or asparagus, celery, etc. If you make this soup, and add othe ingredients, let me know what you added, and how it turned out.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom