Type of knife to cut avocados safely?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marchdesign

Assistant Cook
Hi all,

Thanks for answering my question on avocado tools at the Cook's Tools section two weeks ago.

I came to learn that there are no tools better to cut avocados than using a sharp knife.

To avoid injury, what is your knife of choice to safely dissect the avocado?

Thanks,
Hugo

Welcome back!

Though I don't usually dice avocados, when I want them that way, I just take a short paring knife, and cut lines in it lengthwise, then crosswise, then scoop the flesh out with a spoon. You could actually do this cutting with a dull table knife, the flesh is so soft. Is this the type of thing you meant by dissect?

Usually, I just scoop the flesh out in large chunks, and mash it, for my guacamole!

You don't have to hold an avocado in your hand to do the halving and slicing. Whichever knife you're comfortable with, that's up to the job, will do.

Welcome to the forum.

I use this tool from Amazon and love it. No knife to cut myself with. Works wonderfully.

OXO Good Grips 3-in-1 Avocado Slicer - Green

0233CB6D-BCC5-4945-8598-710B4EFBB8F2.jpg

I use a sharp chef´s knife. Hand flat on top of the avocado, slice gently through the middle, twist and separate.
You might injure yourself if (a) your knife is not sharp and (b) if the avocado is not held or secured firmly.

marchdesign has been asking the same question in multiple forums and gets the same answers.

clue: it's the same "problem" and it's the same answers.

until we get to the magic "design" spam.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom