TX - San Antonio?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Try all the places Sadie suggested. They're all great!!!!
I wish I was there right now!!

There are lots more than what I posted. But those are the ones that I have liked and return to each time I visit SA.... I would suggest asking the locals where they like to eat at and see what they come up with. There are always those tucked away/hole in the wall places we to often pass over that turn out to be some of the best food you have ever had!!!

My favorite, since forever (okay, the mids 1960's) is the Pan American Restaurant - just west of downtown (1444 Division Ave - phone (210) 927-7775). When I was living in Autsin/going to UT (1970's) several of us would "roadtrip" to SA to go there because it's good food, and back then you got a lot for your money.

I second Sattie's recommendations of Rosario's and Boudro's. Both are in the downtown area - Boudro's is on the Riverwalk. A couple of my favorites are the Liberty Bar - a very cool restaurant and bar just a couple of miles north of the Riverwalk. Fabulous food and great atmosphere. Also Aldo's Ristorante. Fantastic Italian, gorgeous surroundings and marvelous service. This is in the Medical Center so it might be out of your way if you are staying downtown and don't have a car available. La Fonda on Main is a very pretty place with great Mexican food - just north of downtown. What area are you staying in and what kind of place/food appeals to you?

You guys are giving me more places to try for when I go back!!! Everytime I go, I try to visit at least one new restaurant along with my favorites. We actually talked about going to the Liberty Bar the last time we were there but ended up going to Rosario's instead.

I think you'll like the Liberty, sattie. They bake their own breads there and everything is always fresh and delicious. The coffee is wonderful, too. I often meet girlfriends there because there's no pressure to eat and leave. Another really neat, kind of quirky place is the Candlelight Coffee Shop. It's very close to the Liberty on N. St. Mary's and they have wonderful coffees and wines. I like to go there after going to the theatre or a show. It's a nice way to top off an evening.

I'm from San Antonio and love and miss it very much. Glad to know of these great places to eat at---my brother and sister and their families still live there---thanks for all the suggestion------what I remember about downtown S.A. is all the one way streets!

Thank you all for the good food info. I will just be spending the day this trip. but will certainly be going back with all these suggestions. My daughter lives in Austin and works at UT so the opportunity to sample all that both Austin and San Antonio have to offfer will present itself regularly.

I work with the Eat Drink Local Texas team, and there are a lot of good food spots in SA. If you're looking for a nice restaurant, I would recommend visiting the riverwalk and checking out what's around that area. Some of my favorites have been Fiume pizza, Ostra, and the Elsewhere garden.

Back
Top Bottom