Turmeric stains on stainless steel bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phaedra

Sous Chef
My dog is raw fed, and one of the supplements I add to her food contains turmeric. It is in a powder form, together with ginger, various types of mushrooms etc, as an adaptogenic supplement . It is not a canine supplement but a human one, usually mixed with hot milk or water as a drink, and due to her size, she gets 1/16th of a teaspoonful sprinkled over her meat and vegetables, and she loves it.

But it is staining her bowl. Not much but there is a definite faint orange tint to it now, which I cannot seem to wash off. I know that turmeric does stain some plastics, but would not have thought it would leave any colour on stainless steel.

Does anyone please have any suggestions regarding cleaning her bowl, or should I just accept that it now has a faint tint in it.

Only thing I can see working on Stainless Steel is steel wool. Sorry, can't help other than that.
I'd thought about that but don't want to risk scratching her bowl. Not when she licks it for ages once empty, in the hope that she might find some more!
Lemon juice or vinegar.
Thanks - I always have lemons or pure lemon juice in the refrigerator so I'll try it. It would probably be OK to leave it as the discolouration is so slight, but it's one of those things where the more you look at it, the more noticeable it is.

I can’t even look at turmeric when wearing hazmat gear without getting stained yellow. Love the stuff but it stains fiercely.
No solution to offer here, sorry 🤗

Solved - I added a little lemon juice to the dish-washing liquid and the bowl has lost the faint discolouration from the turmeric! It probably would have been fine if I had left it as wasn't getting any worse and I know the bowl was clean - and I am sure that the wubble wouldn't complain even if the discolouration hadn't gone!

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions.
DOXIE IMPORTANT  DOXIE LITTLE CARTOON CUTE small small small FOR THANKS IMPORTANT.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom