Tuesday's Effort, 3/10...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Well, the Sprouts 'n Radishes turned out much better.... 10 minutes less... 25 degrees less.....

Grilled Montreal-Seasoned NY Strip, Baby Bella's Sautee'd in Butter & Cabernet, Mashed Idaho's under Creamed Corn, Air-Roasted Sprouts 'n Radishes ........ and a Salad- !,000 Island...

NY Strip 3-2020.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good luckytrim.

Whole chickens on sale for $.79/Lb. bought three. Spatchcocked one for dinner. I know it’s roasting as the smoke detector just went off. Stuffing and a veggie will round out the meal.

No effort today--spent most of the afternoon at ER with "The Stubborn Old Goat." He fell on the ice curling. So, tonight was corned beef sandwiches (leftover) and leftover chili.

I made an old standby of ours - bachelor surprise. I made it with ground pork and this time I added garlic, a chopped jalapeño, and some miso to our standard ingredients. I also deglazed the pan with some red wine. It turned out good.

Last edited:
Only effort was to drive back to town when I decided I WAS hungry. Stopped off at the local diner and had a Grilled Salmon Salad. It comes with tomatoes, baby greens, green onions, sliced almonds, real bacon and a balsamic vinaigrette, topped off with a 6 ounce slab of grilled salmon. The only thing that would have turned a great salad into an excellent salad would have been the addition of dried cranberries for that bit of sweet. Ice water for a beverage. Toyed with the idea of some cheesecake, but I don't know where I would have put it.

I haven't been feeling well the last couple of days. DH made me scrambled eggs and an English muffin. I topped it with homemade strawberry jam I took out of the the freezer the other day.

We started with the standard garden salad. Then we had chicken piccata with mushrooms over bowties, green beans with chopped Marcona almonds, and asparagus dusted with Parmigiano-Reggiano.
IMG_20200310_222154115.jpg

GG, I hope you get better soon. I really hope it isn't anything serious. Take care. (((hugs)))
Ditto, yes, take care. I don't know about you, but lots of us are a little bit more concerned than usual, about any "not feeling well" at the moment.
Thank you so much, friends [emoji813] Would you believe I haven't been away from the house for a week? And DH has put a large bottle of hand sanitizer in the foyer ;) I'm sure it's just temporary dip.

Oooh....yummy looking and sounding dishes this evening. Homemade cheeseburgers and sweet potato fries was on the menu this evening. Delish, and I'm stuffed. :ohmy::yum:

Looks yummy. Do you have a recipe that you like and would be willing to share?
Not really a recipe, taxy, but of course I'll share. I cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts in half, then turn each half into a mini-cutlet. Salt, pepper, and dust with flour. Saute in a pan with half butter-half olive oil. Or whatever favorite oil you want to use. When they're seared and half cooked, set aside and saute the mushrooms. Deglaze the pan with some chicken broth, wine, and lemon juice. No real ratio, but I probably use equal parts broth/wine and less than half of either of lemon juice (half cup/half cup/quarter cup). If you want lots of sauce, just use more liquids. I also add a little more flour to one of the cold liquids going in so that it doesn't lump up. Add the chicken back, toss in some capers (capers are a must!), and add some lemon slices. Simmer until the chicken if fully cooked - takes no more than 10 minutes. I hope I made this sound understandable. :ermm:

Mushrooms are optional, but I really wanted them in the piccata tonight. I forgot to saute them before deglazing the pan, so I just cooked them off in the saucepan that I used to cook the bowties.

I told Himself that I could be happy with just some sort of noodle drenched in the piccata sauce as a supper. Well, that and a veggie or two.

Edit: Ack! Most times I also toss some lemon zest into the pan while everything is simmering. Guess what I forgot tonight? :rolleyes:

Not really a recipe, taxy, but of course I'll share. I cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts in half, then turn each half into a mini-cutlet. Salt, pepper, and dust with flour. Saute in a pan with half butter-half olive oil. Or whatever favorite oil you want to use. When they're seared and half cooked, set aside and saute the mushrooms. Deglaze the pan with some chicken broth, wine, and lemon juice. No real ratio, but I probably use equal parts broth/wine and less than half of either of lemon juice (half cup/half cup/quarter cup). If you want lots of sauce, just use more liquids. I also add a little more flour to one of the cold liquids going in so that it doesn't lump up. Add the chicken back, toss in some capers (capers are a must!), and add some lemon slices. Simmer until the chicken if fully cooked - takes no more than 10 minutes. I hope I made this sound understandable. :ermm:

Mushrooms are optional, but I really wanted them in the piccata tonight. I forgot to saute them before deglazing the pan, so I just cooked them off in the saucepan that I used to cook the bowties.

I told Himself that I could be happy with just some sort of noodle drenched in the piccata sauce as a supper. Well, that and a veggie or two.

Edit: Ack! Most times I also toss some lemon zest into the pan while everything is simmering. Guess what I forgot tonight? :rolleyes:

Yup, understandable and sounds yummy and easy. I have saved your instructions. Thank you.

Last nights appetizers.

Wianno Oysters
36788-albums1135-picture8216-jpg.38631

These are large oysters, average 6" lengthwise. Very brinney. They come from Cape Cod. Saving the Little Chubbies for tonight. Had fully loaded baked potatoes as a side. They were a real struggle to open as my oyster knife is very flimsey.

Back
Top Bottom