Tuesday's Dinner - 9/27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I cooked a boneless pork loin roast on Sunday and we had some warmed-up leftovers yesterday. Today, I decided I needed to make a bit of a change with the remaining loin. Made a casserole out of it and it turned out great. However, like the thing that won't die, there's still enough left for another day. Looks like we got a lot for money...considering the prices of meat. 'Cept the freezer awaits.

I had a nap. 7:00 AM is an unfit time for night owls. We have quite a bit of deli meats and cheeses, leftovers from the lunch spread we put out for the roofing crew. We'll wander into the kitchen and hunt through the refrigerator when we get hungry.

@Cooking Goddess you fed the roofing crew?
Good on ya girlie!!!
I do the same thing when we have folks working on our house.
In Hawaiian, it's Hoomalimali - bribery (I mean kindness) goes a reeeeeeally long way in terms of food. DH has finally acknowledged that my way of being kind and thoughtful towards others helps.... like today for instance ... he's been waiting for a package and got an email that it was delivered to our local Post Office at 10am... I checked with our Post Mistress about noon and she said that "Randy was still working on it, come back about 3".
I went back down there at the allotted time and still no delivery!
So I went over to our Post Mistress again, ????, she went in the back and a few minutes later, here's DH's box, along with a funny comment, "well, he got the address right this time, he's notorious for getting it funky!" :wacko: Why yes, yes he does! :ROFLMAO:

Tonight for supper we each made our own sandwiches with cold smoked sturgeon. We are still learning what this sturgeon goes well with. It's a lovely, subtly flavoured fish. DH had his on wholewheat baguette. I tried some on rugbrød. That was too flavourful and overwhelmed the flavour of the sturgeon. Second try, I used crisp rye bread. That was a more appropriate bread for this delicate fish. We had pickles with that and some coleslaw I made.

The set up for smoked sturgeon sandwiches as well as coleslaw.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom