Tricity fanfare double oven 70s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amiemw

Assistant Cook
Hey everyone!

I recently purchased a house which as a Tricity oven from the 70s, I can’t figure out how to turn it on!

I’ve heard that I need to set the timer to use it but im not really sure what that means.. I’ve attached some images of the cooker and the switch on the wall - any advice appreciated!
Thanks!
IMG_3506.jpeg
IMG_3511.jpeg
IMG_3510.jpeg

Hi Amie, Welcome to DC.
What a situation - move into a new home just to be able to NOT cook.
I just did a search with Google for Tricity Wall Ovens. A lot of manuals came up. Somewhere on the oven (maybe on the side of the door) there should be a model number.
But maybe if you browse thru a couple of manuals you will be able to figure out how to get it going!

Best of luck! I'm a wee bit jealous of your double wall ovens - would love to have them. Hope you can stick around. Be sure to keep us informed if when you get them started!

Welcome to Discuss Cooking.

Why do you think it's from the 70s? There is something on that panel, probably a clock, that has an LED or LCD read out. Those were not much in use back then, except on quartz watches and some expensive calculators.

Welcome to Discuss Cooking.

Why do you think it's from the 70s? There is something on that panel, probably a clock, that has an LED or LCD read out. Those were not much in use back then, except on quartz watches and some expensive calculators.
There’s no LEDs in the panel, it’s a mechanical clock which the dial can change the time for. The house was built in 69 and the previous owner has not made any alterations since the 70s in the downstairs of the house.. Yes the carpets etc are exactly as you’d imagine haha

Hi Amie, Welcome to DC.
What a situation - move into a new home just to be able to NOT cook.
I just did a search with Google for Tricity Wall Ovens. A lot of manuals came up. Somewhere on the oven (maybe on the side of the door) there should be a model number.
But maybe if you browse thru a couple of manuals you will be able to figure out how to get it going!

Best of luck! I'm a wee bit jealous of your double wall ovens - would love to have them. Hope you can stick around. Be sure to keep us informed if when you get them started!
Thanks for the help! I think I’ve found the oven number but no instruction booklet online for it. There’s a vintage electrical store nearby so my plan is to see if they know someone with experience in older ovens to help out

In the meantime we have a mini oven on top of a counter so it’s not too bad

not sure about that taxy. I got my first micro in the 70's and it had a digital clock.

LOL - I wrote this yesterday.... why do I always forget to hit "Post"

There’s no LEDs in the panel, it’s a mechanical clock which the dial can change the time for. The house was built in 69 and the previous owner has not made any alterations since the 70s in the downstairs of the house.. Yes the carpets etc are exactly as you’d imagine haha
I remember those digital clocks without LED or LCD. The numbers rotated and had two haves to each number.

Back
Top Bottom