Thursday's dinner - 9/29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got a "Mississippi Roast" in the crock pot. It is a new recipe for me. It is a kind of pulled beef dish. I think I'll make some mashed potatoes and green beans to go with it. Fingers crossed!

Our City Council had finally okayed Food Trucks! :w00t2:
A Taco Truck showed up last week at the beginning of our Community, and it's legit!!!
IMG_2161.JPG
I decided that we'd try a basic Carne Asada on Flour Tortillas, some Pico de gallo and his green Salsa (mild-yeah right!) That was very good, I'd say better even then my favorite Carniceria in town :punk:

Smashed potatoes, sauerkraut, onion and garlic powder, mashed together , formed into patties, baked to crispy, served with homemade BBQ sauce. Broccoli w/mustard. Pear-date-raisin-oat cookies.

Tonight's dinner was an all-DC meal. Hungarian Goulash Soup and Cast Iron Dinner Rolls.View attachment 61921View attachment 61920
Looks really tasty. Do you happen to have the links for the recipes handy? If not, I don't mind searching for them here.

I just had a thought. Maybe we need a thread or sub forum for links to favourite DC recipes, with comments and pix.

Tonight for supper I took shortcuts. I used a Blue Dragon "Chilli Coconut stir fry sauce" packet with some turkey breast and vegis (carrots, red sweet pepper, and sliced onion), a quick Chinese smashed cucumber side dish, and some leftover brown basmati rice that I cooked several days ago. We both thought that the turkey didn't work quite as well with this as chicken.

I would have turned my nose up at a stir fry packet when I was younger and had more energy. I still often enjoy making the sauce from scratch. But nowadays, there are some really good curry pastes and sauces, made from all food ingredients and they sure are handy.

I also notice that supper was not actually fusion, but almost. Three dishes, each from a different cuisine. In any case, we enjoyed it and I'm pretty sure it was healthy.

Turkey with Blue Dragon chilli coconut stir fry sauce, Chinese smashed cucumbers, and brown ba...jpg Turkey with Blue Dragon chilli coconut stir fry sauce, Chinese smashed cucumbers, and brown ba...jpg

Looks really tasty. Do you happen to have the links for the recipes handy? If not, I don't mind searching for them here.

I just had a thought. Maybe we need a thread or sub forum for links to favourite DC recipes, with comments and pix.

Thanks for the links Andy - do have the rolls in print and on rotation. And that Goulash looks mighty fine! Have to check it out again.

I made a rolled Chicken Breast with a Creamy Tarragon stuffing, baked on a bed of carrots and rehydrated leeks.
Constructive criticism - too much stuffing - next time parboil carrots
Flavour was really good - made this several times and each time need to add more notes to my recipe page... LOL live and learn!
20220929_125411(1).jpg

I was wondering the same thing, @taxlady

Hey @GinnyPNW how did the roast turn out? You sharing that recipe link with us?
It was good and Mikey loved it. For me, I think I'll make some tweaks on it, when I do it again. Here's the recipe link.

Next time, I think I'll use a good deal of prepared horseradish, instead of the Ranch. I don't think the Ranch came thru too much. Also, I think I would cook on High, instead of low...and check it about 6 or 7 hours - instead of 8 to 10...but I would first cut the roast into large chunks (I used a 4 pound roast, if you use a smaller one, maybe that wouldn't be needed)...it just didn't cook as much as hers seems to have done.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom