Thursday's Dinner - 8/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We'll be having smoked salmon on bagels with cream cheese, onion, and capers. We will also be trying out some smoked sturgeon. Neither of us has had sturgeon before.

We'll be having smoked salmon on bagels with cream cheese, onion, and capers. We will also be trying out some smoked sturgeon. Neither of us has had sturgeon before.

The cold smoked salmon was yummy, as expected. The cold smoked sturgeon was really good. It's a more delicate flavour and somewhat reminiscent of something, I'm not quite sure what. It might be the Danish cold smoked herring that I miss terribly. It's certainly not the same texture as that Danish smoked herring. The texture of the smoked sturgeon was much more like the smoked salmon.

DH, "Gee, thanks for introducing me to another delicious, expensive food." :LOL:

whole wheat open faced tomato sandwich, and plum puree/jam on toast.

A collaborative effort tonight. SO make the salad, I made the sausage sauce and Rana made the mushroom ravioli.

IMG_0276.jpg

Sounds like a great place, msm. Nothing like a good, old school steak house.

I pulled one of the bags of barbacoa from the freezer and made barbacoa bowls with all sorts of colorful and tasty veggies. Himself approved.

Photo from the new phone. Not bad, eh?20220818_222613.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom