Thursday's Bust 5/25/2023

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
Breaking out my Breville Pie maker.
I'm going to try making Chicken Alfredo Pot Pies.
Though if I could find my recipe for cream puffs. That would be the preferable dinner. But Nooo....my recipes are somewhere in the garage that I'm not going to even attempt to search. :)

Munky, send a search party out to that garage and find the cream puff recipe!!! 🤭

Summer is the perfect time for cream puffs stuffed with lobster, shrimp, or chicken salad. 🐷🐷🐷

Tonight I’m having leftover soup, rye toast, and a glass of ice cold skim milk.

New food tomorrow!

We went to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch today. I had an appy of calamari tempura and a side Cesar salad. Craig had Tex-Mex egg rolls that were wrapped in phyllo instead of egg roll wrappers, and a fresh tomato, basil, moz flatbread. We got 2 pieces each of cheesecake to go, mine was their Godiva cheesecake, and Craig got tiramisu and Key Lime cheesecakes.

Yuh know? I never knew the Cheesecake Factory was real. Thought it was just a prop in the Big Bang Theory. First I realized it was real was here on DC!

Sounds like a Thursday winner. The idea of a chicken alfredo pot pie sounds outstanding. Perhaps even a chicken stroganoff pot pie. Let us know how you do it.

I pulled some store bought chicken dumplings out of the freezer and boiled them. I stir fried some vegis and used Blue Dragon Chilli Coconut stir fry sauce. I served it with some dipping sauces and our newly acquired jar of Lao Gan Ma Chili Crisp. It was quite good. I am not quite over my cold and didn't have the energy to take pictures.

Lately the Marinated Artichoke I've been getting (glass jar) have been sort of mushy and woody at the same time. Very disappointed - puts me off getting more.

Andy, what is your brand? It could very well be it is not available to me but gotta ask.

Lately the Marinated Artichoke I've been getting (glass jar) have been sort of mushy and woody at the same time. Very disappointed - puts me off getting more.

Andy, what is your brand? It could very well be it is not available to me but gotta ask.
The artichokes are Pastene brand. They are not a nationwide brand as far as I know. Sometimes we get a piece that has tough leaves.

LOL - that's the brand I use. I've also bought their jarred olives and pepperoncini - sometimes I feel their quality control is not what I feel it should be. Sometimes olives hard or woody, pepperoncini - same thing, feel not processed thoroughly.

But they seem to have a monopoly in our grocery stores and it is hard to find different brands. Yeah, I have often tried the house brands too. I think Pastene must be their supplier! LOL

Thnk you!

Back
Top Bottom