Thursday dinner, February 9, 2023

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Pasta with roasted golden beets, caramelized onions, garlic, beet greens, pine nuts and ParmR. We haven't had this in ages. Sorry I forgot to take a pic before I started eating.
20230209_182449.jpg

Facebook reminded me that today is National Pizza Day. The Google News feed reminded me that today is National Pizza Day. So did Kai Ryssdal during Marketplace...and so did the local WGBH talkers while asking for donations during half of the show. :cautious:So, in spite of my other plans, Himself is on the way to get pizzas...a small one each of House Special (loaded) and chicken-broccoli-alfredo. :LOL:There will be leftovers.

...Sorry I forgot to take a pic before I started eating.View attachment 63517
That's okay, this way we know that you're enjoying it. It does look good!

I got rid of some leftover beans and some stuff that has been in the freezer too long. I took a flaming flare pepper that was just beginning to get a few wrinkles and sliced it into strips. I sautéed those in some EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and then took them out of the oil and put them in a small bowl to serve separately. I did that so we could really taste them. Then I add some previously fried, ground pork and chopped onions that we pulled out of the big freezer yesterday. I also added some of Stirling's loaded, vegan, pasta sauce, from the big freezer. I added the leftover navy beans that I had cooked for the Italian sausage and bean soup. I served that with some frozen, already cooked brown basmati rice. That worked out well and was quite tasty. We now know that we really like the flavour of those flaming flare peppers. They have a little heat, but not too much. They flavoured the oil nicely.

Attachments

• Pasta sauce with beans, and ground pork, served with brown basmati rice, small.jpg
    Pasta sauce with beans, and ground pork, served with brown basmati rice, small.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Pasta sauce with beans, and ground pork, served with brown basmati rice 2, small.jpg
    Pasta sauce with beans, and ground pork, served with brown basmati rice 2, small.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom