Thursday, 4-20-2023 Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Hey Hey Hey, it's "420 Day"! Did you have "special" brownies or spaghetti sauce for/with supper? :brows:

Yeah, we don't do that sort of thing around here. Instead, I'll be featuring winter-type foods from the freezer in the attempt to clean them out before the weather decides it's warm weather regularly.

What was your evening meal?

DH took my dentist appointment today, since I was definitely not ready for it yet, and did a little secret shopping at the fishmonger at the end of the row of shops and offices. He brought home a plastic bag and ran to the sunroom fridge, saying only that he had dinner but needed to walk the dog first.

So mysterious! 😁 So away they went and I did not go look in the sunroom fridge. Nope. After a while, they came home, he gave Stryder her treat and told me to rest in the living room because he was going to make dinner. Okay then! Anticipation!

In about 15 minutes, he calls me to come fix my plate. So beautiful. Each item so perfectly cooked (for our tastes). The scallops and haddock (I believe) were swimming yesterday and being enjoyed today, with olive oil, butter, salt & pepper, rice and and lemon juice. And a few pinches of Malden sea salt for mine. This was that simple, delicious dinner we all strive for.

20230420_195635.jpg

I had to get a crumb shot, right?
20230420_200823~2.jpg

Different strokes for different folks.

It’s been over half a century since I puffed on a joint at a cornfield keg party and I’m fine with that.

Dinner was a cup of creamy vegetable soup and a hot dog on whole wheat.

There is not a single treat in this house! I need to make a grocery run! 🍫🍪🍕🍰🐷🤭

We had a baked chicken from Food Lion, as we had to go grocery shopping and take care of a few errands yesterday and I'm staying with cousins out in the middle of nowhere so we combine errands and trips into town as much as possible. Picked up some pretty asparagus and cooked it in the microwave with a bit of water in the bottom, some olive oil and s&p. Also cut up a tomato and a cucumber and had some potato salad. For dessert we had a mini watermelon that was nice and icy cold.

Different strokes for different folks.

It’s been over half a century since I puffed on a joint at a cornfield keg party and I’m fine with that.

Dinner was a cup of creamy vegetable soup and a hot dog on whole wheat.

There is not a single treat in this house! I need to make a grocery run! 🍫🍪🍕🍰🐷🤭
Well surprises all over today :)
You go Aunt Bea ;)

Not only delish Frank, you are all (almost) in shorts. a bit jealous, .... sigh

20230420_171811.jpg 20230420_172033.jpg 20230420_175844.jpg 20230420_185232.jpg Made two - one for the freezer.
Doesn't use al lot of sauce. too bad I dropped the freaking jar and smashed the remains full of glass.... :( what a waste!

Three cheese stuffed shells.

None the less - it was delish and am looking forward to having the frozen one later.

Not only delish Frank, you are all (almost) in shorts. a bit jealous, .... sigh

View attachment 64316 View attachment 64317 View attachment 64318 View attachment 64319 Made two - one for the freezer.
Doesn't use al lot of sauce. too bad I dropped the freaking jar and smashed the remains full of glass.... :( what a waste!

Three cheese stuffed shells.

None the less - it was delish and am looking forward to having the frozen one later.
I like stuffed shells but hold the glass for me please. :)

Am I understanding this correctly? It's an insert between your regular charcoal grill and its lid?
Yes.

You take the grill grate out and this has a hanger for the stone.

I have a basket I invert to keep the fire from being directly under the stone. We torched the crust on a couple of pizzas due to the stone getting too hot. The fire seems to work best off to the two sides and behind.

I also bought their steel but I use that as a ceiling in the oven. Once it is hot it radiates down on top of the pizza helping it cook. You can also dome the pizza and lift it towards the steel.

Overall it is a compromise solution, it will never beat a dedicated pizza over but I don't have to store and lug out a dedicated pizza oven.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom