Thursday, 2022 October 20 Supper Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I made a soup out of mostly leftovers. There was meat and gravy from last week's pork roast as well as meat and veggies from last week's tray bake. There was also some leftover brown basmati rice. That wasn't enough veg, so I sautéed a bit of onion, celery, and diced, frozen carrots. I used veggie stock, water, and some Better Than Bouillon chicken base. I tasted it and decided that it needed a bit of fish sauce and Worcestershire sauce. That was just right. It was delicious and hearty. We had wholegrain baguette with that.

Leftovers Soup.jpg

What did you have for supper?

@Badjak Rachael Ray calls that "stoop". We have stoop often. Sometimes planned, sometimes because the cook is a bit stoop-id. ;)

Last of the leftovers tonight while we get over the (hopefully) last of our colds. We're out of food and Himself hasn't had pop for three or four days. :oops: An abomination, in his eyes.

Pan-fried strip steak, mushrooms sautéed in butter, pan drippings, and Maggi seasoning, and creamed spinach.

steak_102022_IMG_0185.jpg

The first time I’ve cooked in over two weeks! I was going to make blackened chicken with mango lime salsa, but when I cut into the mangoes, they were sour - not ripe. I needed a plan B since the chicken was defrosted.

A while ago I bought this jar of Truffle Carpaccio at Costco. Well, actually I bought 4 jars. So I made chicken with truffle cream sauce.

Sautéed the chicken breast. Set aside. Cooked up some sliced shallots - deglazed the pan with a splash of white wine. A little chicken stock, then added about 1/3 of the jar, oil included. A bit of heavy cream and a good squeeze of lemon finished it off. So good!

If you see this at Costco, you might want to grab a jar (or 4).
D2C88A80-324B-4847-A8D1-341CAC98B109.jpeg

606158DD-BB91-46E2-BD1A-7DE50C16F4EE.jpeg

I hope you didn't throw the mango.
You can use it like som tam, or you can.pickle it or make into a chutney.

But looks like you had a great meal anyway :)

@Badjak Rachael Ray calls that "stoop". We have stoop often. Sometimes planned, sometimes because the cook is a bit stoop-id. ;)

Last of the leftovers tonight while we get over the (hopefully) last of our colds. We're out of food and Himself hasn't had pop for three or four days. :oops: An abomination, in his eyes.
I hope your cold vanishes quickly. God bedring (Danish for good bettering).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom