The Thankfulness Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We've been trying to get rid of things we don't want to move and store when the time (hopefully) comes for moving back home. Last autumn I did sell a lot of smaller things, plus a couple of large things, in a garage sale. But now I'm trying to get rid of furniture (oak dining room set with a hutch, anyone?) and a treadmill. I'm to the point where I'm looking at something that will cost money to have removed by a service like "Got Junk?" and figure "just give it away". Well, the treadmill is gone as of Tuesday! I listed it in several local Facebook "Sell, Trade, Give Away" groups and crossed my fingers. I had three people say they would take it. But...I didn't want to just give someone our home address. The first guy seemed legit, but I told him I would prefer meeting up at our town hall's police-monitored spot and then have him follow me (if he seemed OK). However, first he had to reschedule because he was kept late at work. The next date, his daughter hurt her ankle and needed to go to Urgi-Care. During all this time, I did a little internet detective work. He seemed like a stand-up guy. So when we set up a third date (yes, third time was the charm), I told him to show up at our house. He and his brother were very nice...and very strong! They carried the thing up the bulkhead steps from the basement, rolled it to the front to load into the SUV in our drive, and lifted the 100# minimum treadmill into the cargo area like it was made from foam. *poof* All gone!

Now about that dining set...

Went for an EMG on Fri.
Technician kept saying sorry for every zap and pulling of sticky (and they were really sticky!) tab.

And I kept saying, Please, don't be sorry! I just so glad I can feel them!

Thought you had been tested for Carpal Tunnel. Guess I got you mixed up with another friend.

This will be my third test done. Arms (forearm to hand) - carpal tunnel and legs (thigh to foot) neuropathy.

Seems I'll have to have the 'release' (as they call it) done again for my wrists. To be discussed with surgeon.

I had an inflamed wrist. The doctor said it was not carpal tunnel syndrome. The physiotherapist said it was definitely not CTS. A bit of physio and some exercises and it was fine. I guess it was obvious enough to the pros, so I didn't need to have a fancy test.

Thanks into the 'clouds'

Someone mentioned it didn't sound like fun... well, I must say the worst part was trying to find parking.

Second time around the block, someone pulled out right in front of me. So I just slid in. Yea!

Then I had to figure out how to pay. Got the app on my phone opened. It said to enter the number on the sign on the curb. Did it. Then it said to enter my license plate number... damn, have to get out and look.

But then the phone rings, it's the Dr's office, I'm here! I'm here! just trying to figure out the parking. She tries to tell me how to do it but I accidently hang up on her. duh....

Get out, bring up the app again, fill in the plate number, phone rings again, - Dr's office. So I also explain I'm on the block behind the office, is there a shortcut somewhere, yes, at the restaurant in front of me there a passageway thru to the building. So I try all the doors - all for apartments, one store and the restaurant... and oh there it is! way down the far side of the building with the restaurant is a door leading into the foyer of the office building.

After, talking with the receptionist about the parking, she asks if I got a receipt on my phone. I said no, she said I probably didn't pay and hoped I didn't get a ticket...

So thankfully there was no ticket on my windshield when I got there.

So I sent thanks up into the clouds.

I'm thankful that what I thought was a broken washing machine was actually a washer that needed to be "burped" - technology wise. Last week about this time the washer would spin, but no water was being sent up the drain. Himself pulled apart the filter area, I cleaned the pieces and parts while he poked around a little, and then he put things back. I don't remember what I washed right then, but it needed to go through the spin cycle three times before it drained. I gave up. Little did I know that Himself then went to the "Microsoft Fix" - unplug/count to five/plug back in. The first test load the next day was just three rag wash cloths. Came out spun dry. Then I did a half load of cotton underwear and such - spun dry! In the past week I've run perma-press cycles and heavy items through the regular cycle - all coming out like when the washer was new. I do not want to be in the market to buy a washer right now, so I'm happy as a clam tossed back in the sea at how well his "fix" worked.

My ancient washing machine was a push the dial, twist to setting, pull out to start. It's gone now and I use my DIL's but I thank my lucky stars I do not have to ever cope with electronic laundry machines on my own anymore! My quick fix for those things would probably be a sledge hammer.

Bless Himself for your fix! Well done, Sir!

Was just think it was time to get dressed as soon as I finished my coffee. Took my last swig and immediately spat out a mouthful of grinds... :yuk:

Unfortunately I missed my cup. :unhappy:

But thankfully I also missed my laptop! :clap:

My soaked nightgown is in the laundry and I'm dressed now. :blush:

I was a little surprised and dispirited to read today that it turns out that using a dryer is both cheaper and ecologically better than using an electric airer.

Luckily I have neither item, so will continue to put my damp items on my "old style" dryer in the winter. And out on the clothes lines in the summer. Thankfully nothing will ever beat the smell of freshly aired linen!

Last edited:
Today, I'm dancing on the moon! I've been helping a friend, long-distance, as she suddenly lost almost all of her sight! They tried some special prism glasses on Monday, no luck. Lots of tears. They said they would add another prism. Today, when they tried the glasses, SHE CAN SEE AGAIN!! There's still a long road to go...figure out who/what/why, and all that...but in the meantime there is a fix. Just hoping that it isn't fleeting. For now....I'm listening to:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom