The Good Old Days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Broadway Ave., San Diego Ca., 1976; I was stationed there after my aviation electronics training in Millington, Tn., at North Island naval Air Station on Coronado Island. I purchased a Motorcycle, and drove frequently form Coronado Island to down town. Two doors down from the YMCA, and right next to an arcade with a ton of pinball games (video games hadn't yet arrived to the public), was a hole-in-the-wall sandwich shop that offered a steak sandwich.. Ginny's post under the Wednesday dinner reminded me of this. This sandwich was a perfectly medium rare, 1/2 inch thick /New Yok Steak, with mayo, avocado slices, in between two slices a hearty, crusty bread. Couple with great french fries, and a cold strawberry malt, well, let's just say that this was a favorite place to get a quick and tasty meal. way better than any fast food place, and wasn't expensive. And the Mom & Pop taco stands/ Mexican restaurants put today's offerings to shame. And we can't forget Old Town, or the many seafood restaurants near the beaches. Even Jack In The Box had tastier food back then. Yup, the 70's was a good time to be a young adult.

Thanks for the memories, Ginny.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom