The Dinner Thread 4/5 ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Seafood Boil ............
Shrimps, Mussels, Andouille and cob Corn...
Old Bay Seasoning in the Water ...

Seafood Boil 4-5-22.jpg

Ground up my homemade faux bakon (pork belly, paprika, liquid smoke, pepper) and mixed with 80/20 ground beef. Seasoned with basil, oregano, rosemary, freshly minced garlic, freshly mince onion, and thyne. Added panko bread crumbs, cream, and an egg. Combined and browned over low heat on all sides. Made marinara with crushed tomato, tomato paste, minced onion, minced garlic, and herbs. Sweated the onion, and garlic, and herbs. Added the tomato paste and cooked for 3 minutes. Added crushed tomato. Cooked for ten minutes. Adjusted seasonings until the sauce tasted right. Placed the meatballs into a large, rectangular casserole dish. Poured the sauce over top. Covered with grated Parmegiano Regiano, then sealed with foil. Baked at 300' F. for 4 hours. Made baked spaghetti squash as a side. Cooked spaghetti to al dente. Served with garlic toast. It came out very tasty.
I believe that using heavy cream added rich flavor to the meatballs, and made them tender, but not mushy. I wish I could eat this once a week, at least.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

We made a little bit of space in the fridge by having leftovers for supper.
We had to have leftovers so I had enough fridge space for all the groceries I bought today. :LOL: It was warm enough today for another salad (see yesterday's photo), then we finished up the second half of the chicken pot pie. Fresh cantaloupe for dessert later, if we're interested. *burp*

sauteed remainder thin sliced kielbasa and then grilled between cheddar and jarlsberg swiss on rye. I had mine with creole mustard, The soring greens for salad were looking a little peeky so they were abandoned toot sweet.

Meatloaf, mashed red & yellow potatoes, steamed baby spinach, and gravy.

meatloaf_040522_img_9425-jpg.49160

Back
Top Bottom